PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

Arcane
03-01-2004, 11:43 PM
I have no opinion about PayPal, but obviously some do. Just some information... http://paypalsucks.com/

[This message has been edited by Arcane (edited 03-01-2004).]

JCHannum
03-02-2004, 10:27 AM
An interesting thing, I just made a purchase through Half.com, an eBay company, and they do not accept PayPAl. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

tonydacrow
03-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Paypal does suck. I hate to go off topic so won't get into the story about how they ripped me off (unless some one wants me to, for some reason). I still use them because I have to, sometimes. However, I hate them, don't trust them and limit my exposure by only dealing in small amounts. Use them at your own risk.

PSD KEN
03-02-2004, 11:22 PM
I am a small time buyer, after about $2k, spread over a year, they informed me that to continue using them, I would have to divulge my bank account Nr. NO THANKS, getting along just fine using money orders/personal checks.
For some reason, they made me nervous before I heard any terror stories.

jaybird
03-03-2004, 02:16 AM
I use PayPal but I have a separate checking account and charge account I use for "E" commerce. It provides a little protection. I came real close to telling PayPal to stick it when they said I had to get "verified".
PayPal works for me because they are a bit of a buffer between me and the person on the other end of a transaction.
J

ARFF79
03-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Still yet another list of reason I will not use them. Money orders, cashiers checks, personal checks (with a waiting period) and cash are still good enough for me.

winchman
03-03-2004, 11:22 AM
I've had no problems with PayPal. I read the horror stories before I signed up, and I set up a separate checking account (at a different bank) with little in it to reduce the risk.

In my eBay listings, I say "I only accept payment by United States Postal money orders, the kind you get at the post office". When I contact the buyer, I offer to let them make a funds transfer (no credit cards) through PayPal only if they're verified, have a confirmed address, and agree to pay the actual fees up to $1.30. That's what the MO and stamp will cost, and they don't have to go to the post office.

Out of hundreds of transactions, I've only had one complaint. I may have lost some sales for not offering PayPal up front in the listing (no way to tell), but I'm going to stick with that approach.

Roger

brunneng
03-03-2004, 02:48 PM
I've had over 70 transactions with Paypal with not a single problem. With amounts from $5 to $400. I generally only bid on auctions that accept paypal payments. Never a problem personally.
As far a forums go listing problems, I figure you can believe 1% of it if you don't have a history with the people, then maybe 2% if you do.

From personnal experience they have a 100% rating with me. I've working in customer service and for every 1 complaint you have 100, 1000, 10000 satisfied clients who you will never hear from.