PDA

View Full Version : Shade O Matic Blind Repairs

madman
07-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Well...Wife is Pissed ...Home Depot Shade o matic blinds broken at clip joints. Bought wit ?? LIFETIME WARRANTY??? BUT now that they are falling down and braking NO WARRANTY My question is what type of material are they made from so I can try to glue a piece back on and rehang tham...How Emberrasing a Home Shop Hndyman reduced to Humble Blind Repairing ..Any hints are appreciated Thanx Mike

Bob Fisher
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Can you not make replacements from metal, preferably, or a stronger plastic? I thought that's what we're all about. That may not be possible, but it would be my first thought. The shades were, undoubtably, made in China, and who knows what kind of plastic. If the part is not strong enough, glueing it is probably not the answer. Bob.

lazlo
07-23-2012, 02:40 PM
There's a seller on Ebay I ran into by accident who sells repair parts for blinds, including the internal clock springs, brakes, etc. Don't remember the name, but should be easy enough to find.

kendall
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
You never know what is in the Chinese plastic, so short of experimenting with different glues, there's no telling what will work. Is it possible to design replacement part that can be clamped, 'sewn' or pressed on?

Well...Wife is Pissed ...Home Depot Shade o matic blinds broken at clip joints. Bought wit ?? LIFETIME WARRANTY??? BUT now that they are falling down and braking NO WARRANTY My question is what type of material are they made from so I can try to glue a piece back on and rehang tham...How Emberrasing a Home Shop Hndyman reduced to Humble Blind Repairing ..Any hints are appreciated Thanx Mike

That's normal business at home depot, and one of the reasons I don't shop there unless I absolutely have to have something right now and can't get it anywhere else. Otherwise I prefer a local shop, lowe's or Menards.

I have a two year warranty on this, it broke and it's only 13 months old.
We only offer a 1 year warranty.
I bought it with a 2 year warranty.
we only offer a one year warranty.
I bough it with a 2 year, and my receipt shows a two year warranty.
We only give a one year, and can I show that receipt to the manager?
Uh, you -are- the manager....

madman
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Bunch of Dicks...Also same deal with the Internet company,,sign up for Unlimited Internet then .. learn to download a few movies and ..suddenly 170 dollar internet bill..Ha Ha anyhow live and learn I reckon, Im never shopping at home depot again ,,

Rosco-P
07-24-2012, 06:54 AM
I have a two year warranty on this, it broke and it's only 13 months old.
We only offer a 1 year warranty.
I bought it with a 2 year warranty.
we only offer a one year warranty.
I bough it with a 2 year, and my receipt shows a two year warranty.
We only give a one year, and can I show that receipt to the manager?
Uh, you -are- the manager....

Be certain the "manager" you are speaking with is the store manager (his picture should be posted in the store and his name will appear on the bottom of your receipt). Bypass the department supervisor, the assist. managers (3) and the M.O.D. (department head/future assist. manager wanna-be). Insist on a full refund if they won't replace the product. If that fails demand that the district manager contacts you.

madman
02-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Have to add on,, had a call from Home depot the manager said he would get the repair clips and asked how many I said 96 or so ..Might as well do all of them right? Anyhow a week or so later they came in I picked them up for free and I have to say that Home Depot treated me OK but I had a pile of bull originially. I a, quite happy with the eventual service ,.Mike