Lots more here; http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...p_details.html
    Paul Compton
    www.morini-mania.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
  • Void
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by EVguru View Post
    There's even a lathe!
    Beautiful work! The shop looks like it was run by a tidyness nut. The floor is a bit too clean.

Thanks for sharing.

-DU-

Comment

• John Stevenson
      • Mar 2001

Typical aussie, the lathe can't do 13 tpi.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

professional grade work. Thanks for sharing

Just looked around his web site some more. Talk about talent, I've never seen miniatures before of that degree of sophistication, attention to detail, and craftsmanship. A true artist.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• sasquatch
          • May 2006

Wow,, that is an impressive LOT of work!!!

Very interesting,, thanks for posting this!!

Comment

• uncle pete
            • Jul 2008

Very cool. The only thing missing is a Gerstner full of the precision tools. :-)

A couple of years ago I ran across a post that was on PM? Somebody provided a link to a 1/12 scale plastic Deckel that was only avaliable from I think Japan. There's a few here with far more skills than myself who could take something like that and machine a full miniturised working version.

Pete

Comment

• wierdscience
              • Jan 2003

Awesome work in unbelievable detail.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• Mcgyver
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by uncle pete View Post
                Very cool. The only thing missing is a Gerstner full of the precision tools. :-)
                in a bike shop? EEK!

great link...there's also an equally impressive machine shop

Discover the latest ASIC lodged insolvency notices and stay informed with Insolvency Notices and our alerts. Search our comprehensive Australia-wide company database at your one-stop solution for insolvency alerts and information.

May be some of the best modelling I've seen - thanks for posting it
                Last edited by Mcgyver; 07-26-2012, 11:50 PM.
                located in Toronto Ontario

Comment

• Hopefuldave
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by uncle pete View Post
                  Pete
                  And the sheet-metal drip tray under the Triumph... says One Who Knows!

But yes, superb work - reminds me of the work of my mate Bantam, who sent one of the model-kit-maker magazines a set of pics of a model Harley he'd built (an exact copy of the one he rides, so very much a bitsa) and had a snotty letter back saying they didn't publish pics of real motorcycles, thank you! Eventually he sent a pic of it perched on the tank of the real one, to convince them... I admit, it would be hard to tell - starting from a plastic kit, he'd (for instance) respoked the wheels with guitar string and brass spoke nipples, cut off all the bolt heads and nuts and fitted studding and real nuts to scale, thinned the cylinder fins (always a bit coarse on the kits) even made control cables by shrinking black sleeving over silver embroidery thread - no kids, too much time on his hands!

Dave H. (the other one)
                  Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.

Holbrook Model C Number 13 lathe, Testa 2U universal mill, bikes and tools

Comment

• uncle pete
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                    in a bike shop? EEK!

great link...there's also an equally impressive machine shop

Discover the latest ASIC lodged insolvency notices and stay informed with Insolvency Notices and our alerts. Search our comprehensive Australia-wide company database at your one-stop solution for insolvency alerts and information.

May be some of the best modelling I've seen - thanks for posting it
                    LOL, British bikes Mike, so I'll rephrase that to a Gerstner full of electrical replacement parts. And I really had to chuckel about Dave's drip tray that was missed. Whoever did that has a definate artistic eye for detail. And considering it's scale size, I would have thought work like that would be impossible up till now. That really is awesome.

There's been a huge amount posted right here, and while it's different than this subject, I happen to think it's just as good in it's own way.

Rake60 who generally posts over on the PM forum, is certainly someone I'd have to think of as one of the best in the world. I first saw his work on the back cover of a Fine Woodworking magazine years ago that showed an old school drafting classroom built by him including all the correct drafting tools that would have beeen used at that time period.

Pete

Comment

• mickeyf
                      • Aug 2010

"Even a lathe"? ... There's even chips!

But why are those honkin' big C clamps, bolt cutters and pipe wrench behind the lathe, as if that's where they'd be used?
                      "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

It's nice but the bike is British and there's no puddle of oil under it.

Comment

• loose nut
                          • Sep 2006

If you drill down through all the different pages it shows that most of the parts are bought resin castings (train layout type) that have been modded and painted, great job on that, including the figures and buildings and not all scratch made. Still, fantastic work.
                          The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

• Mike Amick
                            • Jun 2012

How the hell do they do this ? They must use a damn microscope. I just can't wrap my mind around
                            this.
                            John Titor, when are you.

Comment

• jackary
                              • Jun 2006

Such a wonderful past world he has created, I just wish I could walk through it.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X