View Full Version : Need help on odd tool holders

03-06-2004, 02:29 AM
When I was buying tooling for my Bridgeport, I picked up a couple of wrong toolholders. I can't find any references to these Kwik Switch style holders. They are similar to the Kwik Switch 200 holders that I need, but the taper is different.

One is a shell mill adapter labelled Yuasa F35-1 and the other is a Yuasa JT-6. They are fine pieces of work but I need to know what the application is to market them. What to they belong to?

Ironland Spline
03-06-2004, 11:27 AM

The JT-6 sounds like a standard Jacobs Taper. They are identified from #0-#6, then #33. The JT-6 has a major dia. of .67600", minor dia. of .62409" and a 1.00000" length.
Sorry, but I don't know the significance of the F35-1 designation.


03-06-2004, 11:48 AM

How about calling Yuasa and asking them?

I see a whole bunch of different quick change tool holder setups for mills in various catalogs so it isn't surprising you've run across some odd ones.

03-06-2004, 04:29 PM
I've found Yuasa to be a huge conglomerate that produces all kinds of things. I haven't found this kind of machine tool or line of holders.

03-07-2004, 12:24 AM

Their website is http://www.yuasa-intl.com/
if you can't find what you are looking for email them with the part number and they will get back to you

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 03-06-2004).]

03-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Thrud,

I looked their site over once before but wasn't able to find any toolholders like these. I've written to them.