X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • customcutter
    • Apr 2012

Phase II RT ???

The wife went to the Post Office today and picked it up. It was packed in a cardboard box with some bubble wrap around it. Needless to say the cardboard box was ripped open, retaped, crushed, and in pitiful condition. I took several pictures before opening. The RT was covered in oil, and some cosmoline it appears. No indication that it has ever been used. The tips of the "locking levers" on either side of the table are missing and one lever is slightly bent. Other than that it appears to be OK, but I've never seen one before much less used one. I'm going to go back to the original ebay add and see if the tips were on the levers.

I haven't figured out all of the different locking levers. There's one on the handle/dial, another on the shaft, and a couple on either side of the table. I assume that the two on the side of the table lock the table, that the one on the shaft locks the shaft, but the one on the handle/dial is a little confusing. The handle/dial seems to "shift" in and out, engaging or disengageing the gears. Also the "collar" on the shaft appears to have been bored eccentrically rather than concentrically. Also if the lever on the handle dial is on the left side of the shaft the table seems to turn easier than if it is on the right side of the shaft.

If anyone has any operating tips/instructions they would be much appreciated.

I guess I'll try to contact Phase II for some operators instruction manuals.

thanks in advance,
    Ken
  • gzig5
    • May 2005

Call Enco. That is probably where is was originally purchased. I had a question about mine several years ago and they were very helpful.

Comment

• KiddZimaHater
      • May 2007

Here's a link to GRIZZLY's 6" Rotary Table page.
      Most import (Tiawan) RT's are the same animal.
      Click on the 'Manual- PDF' file, and you'll be able to view and print the manual.
      To answer your question about the levers,
      2 levers lock the table to prevent rotation.
      1 'Tee' looking lever, locks/unlocks the worm gear. (lock handle)
      And the lever on the dial collar is the adjustment ring to 'free-wheel' the table.
      Check Page 8 of the manual
      Link: Rotary Table
      Last edited by KiddZimaHater; 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X