PDA

View Full Version : photobucket

aboard_epsilon
09-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Got albums in photobucket ..that did have sequence of pictures by upload time and date

pictures now jumbled up in each album.

has this happened to anyone else.

all the best.markj

Arcane
09-08-2012, 06:40 PM
What happens when you click on "Organize" in banner at the top of the site and then at the "Sort current album by:" click on "Choose" to get the drop down menu which has an option for "Newest first", "Oldest first", etc?

aboard_epsilon
09-08-2012, 07:14 PM
i then have a choice.

jumble them up in another way ..called oldest without any order

try newest ..and they are jumbled again without any order.

press control shift ..select all ..same happens.

give up !

all the best.markj

oldtiffie
09-08-2012, 09:26 PM
I've never sorted my PB folders of files but the folders are in numerical order and the files are in alphabetical-numerical (DOS?) order (not exactly but very close).

I just look for the folders and then just open the one I want and visually scan for the pic/s I want.

It works pretty well.

aboard_epsilon
09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
from photobucket after a filed a complaint .

they have screwed it big time

if there was a way to change it ..i still couldn't do it to 1000's of pics

their reply :-

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, I apologize for your frustration with this issue. There was a change made where Photobucket reads the date the actual photo was taken and organizes it in that order (this information is stored within a files metadata.) If the photo has no creation date within it's metadata, it will show in the order the photo was uploaded to the site.
There currently is no way to change this back to the date/time your photos were uploaded.
--------
Search our Help & Community pages on our Support Site - http://support.photobucket.com/home or email us back if you have any other questions!
Alan@Photobucket Support