PDA

View Full Version : Mad git and a ballon

boslab
10-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Felix wants to break the sound barrier, without a plane!, jump in about an hour from Roswell [how appropriate]
mark
http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

Evan
10-09-2012, 02:13 PM
He has also promised his wife that this is the very last time he will do something stupid and after this he will settle down. That may well be true when he is pushing up daisies.

flylo
10-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for this link. I used to skydive & loved it! Nothing like it & no they were not perfectly good planes, thewere pretty rough. LOL Still have my gear.

Evan
10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
no they were not perfectly good planes...

Heh. I still ain't jumping out of one that can still fly.

Ever watched the videos of Pilatus Porters with the prop in beta following the divers straight down? Look it up on utube. Those pilots are crazier than the jumpers.

dp
10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Scrubbed - too much wind.

flylo
10-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Nothing like it, Better than sex & lasts longer too! LOL

John Stevenson
10-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Scrubbed - too much wind.

Probably the reheated beans

Weston Bye
10-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Probably the reheated beans

Sounds plausible. After all, He is trapped in a pressure suit with his, um, ...

justanengineer
10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I hadnt heard of this until I saw this thread, and honestly this takes me back. When I was a child, my father had some business dealings with Clifton McClure of Project Manhigh fame. I remember being a kid who thought he was very much into (and knew everything about) science/technology, dreaming of being an astronaut, and one day my dad introduces me to this kind old gentleman who told phenomenal stories about the pre-NASA days and had some very interesting black and white movies of high altitude balloon flights, "space" jumps, and other crazy experiments to share. Despite my being rather young, he never once ignored a question I asked or shoo-ed me away, but encouraged all of my curiosities and is one of the big reasons that today I am an engineer. He honestly became one of my heroes.

Hopefully somewhere up in heaven, all those who worked on these projects are looking down on the current attempt and chanting "go baby go!"

loose nut
10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Been done already as part of "Project Manhigh".

Can't remember the mans name but he left his mic open on the way down. All the ground crew could hear was $#!+, $#!+, $#!+, $#!+ for the whole time it took him to get down.