PDA

View Full Version : OT: Deer Crossing

Fasttrack
10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Maybe you guys have already heard this ... I had a pretty good giggle out of it.

This one first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CI8UPHMzZm8#!

Then the rest of the story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1yEcdomt0&feature=plcp

Ah well ... at least she learned something.

A.K. Boomer
10-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Did she say she reproduced?

I actually think she's just a good nature gal thats missing a little chunk of her brain.

I kinda find her sexy, she sounds sweet and stimulates the predatory side of my brain... or I should say sides of my brain, lol

Mcgyver
10-18-2012, 02:04 PM
a compelling case for moving away from a democratic system

Fasttrack
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
I actually think she's just a good nature gal thats missing a little chunk of her brain.

:) I think you are right. I thought it was pretty funny, but I wanted to post the second video, too. I didn't want this to become too hateful - I think everyone has made a perception-bias mistake at one time or another. Essentially, in her child-mind she drew the conclusion that the signs were for the deer; not unreasonable since she couldn't drive at the time so her perception was dramatically different than that of an adult. As she grew up, this conclusion was never challenged. Granted, this was a pretty extreme case, but many people have similar misconceptions, usually evolving from an erroneous conclusion drawn as a child.

While I tend to agree with Mcgyver, I will also say that there are some extremely intelligent people (including a number of the physicists I work with) who could make a similar mistake simply because they are used to viewing the world from a completely different perspective.

A.K. Boomer
10-18-2012, 02:29 PM
:) As she grew up, this conclusion was never challenged. Granted, this was a pretty extreme case, but many people have similar misconceptions, usually evolving from an erroneous conclusion drawn as a child.

Agreed - kinda like maybe; "Don't worry about the deer because they won't be able to reproduce much anyways --- all the females have been raped and their female parts will simply reject the sperm"

ahhh perspective - aint it wonnerful ?

Difference being is that stooge was caught on both video and audio... and was actually running for a political position... DUH

Fasttrack
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
LOL

I didn't want this to turn political, but that was something else, wasn't it? Good grief. You'd think he would've stopped to get his facts straight before speaking on such a delicate issue. For that matter, it seems to me like you should have a pretty firm grasp on how conception works by the time you are an adult and have/are engaged in ... erm ... pleasurable activities. And to suggest that pregnant rape victims actually wanted to be raped? Not only is that completely tactless, it's unconscionable.

Mcgyver
10-18-2012, 03:32 PM
lol, no hate here, she does seem nice but with a chunk missing.....I get the 'let he who has not sinned" approach, its a good one. Everyone but Evan probably has the odd little conception formed in their head that is silly wrong and would be embarrassing if revealled....BUT....I contend those little silly conceptions probably are there because cerebral activity on the matter is dormant. the difference here is this Chickie had it full on front and centre, I mean she went off on a friggin all absorbing mission calling and writing everyone.

One of my kids when little thought 'hidden entrance' meant a place for bad guys holed up or such....and she thought it so dumb that they put a sign up announcing it. But she stopped short of calling the cops, writing the newspapers and calling radio shows :D :D Too funny

oldtiffie
10-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I can see George cancelling/locking/deleting this thread shortly.

vpt
10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks for that! :D

beanbag
10-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Her initial call sorta made sense to me. Maybe a deer crossing sign is put where they purposely put a break in the fence or guardrail, or cut down a tree, or clear a path, etc. You know, to encourage deer to cross at a certain location.

Fasttrack
10-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Her initial call sorta made sense to me. Maybe a deer crossing sign is put where they purposely put a break in the fence or guardrail, or cut down a tree, or clear a path, etc. You know, to encourage deer to cross at a certain location.

Actually I was reading an article a few weeks ago about wildlife crossings - they look like overpasses but they are much wider and are designed to encourage deer and other wild life to cross the highway via the overpass instead of the highway itself. This is accomplished via dense hedges/trees that sort of funnel the wildlife onto the wide, grassy overpass. Not sure it's the best thing to be spending money on given all the other problems with our infrastructure, but still interesting...