PDA

View Full Version : Auto Save

bborr01
11-03-2012, 03:06 PM
At the risk of sounding dense, how do I retrieve something that has been auto-saved here? I see the yellow box popping up that says autosave but have no idea how to retrieve it.

I just typed a fairly long response to a thread and my cat hit the esc. key and poof, it was all blank. This has happened before. Time for me to learn something else now today.

Help.

Brian

Barrington
11-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Start a new reply and another button appears:-
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss82/MrBarrington/restore.png

Contents just appear to be saved at two minute intervals, with no differentiation between additions and deletions, so if you just accidentally wiped everything just before it fires then don't expect to be getting it back.

If however you've simply closed the browser or tab by mistake then it seems useful enough.

For anything more than single liners, I prefer to type it in notepad, and just cut and paste it to a post a little later. (- Sometimes that gives just enough time for 'mature reflection' :mad: and I no longer feel the need to actually post it :p )

Cheers

bborr01
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the information Barrington. I just tried it and it worked fine. I may also consider opening a notepad for the reasons you mention.

Brian