PDA

View Full Version : Artist site, vintage tools

RussZHC
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.flamingsteel.com/my-vintage-tool-collection.php

stumbled across this artists site looking for vintage tools...posted partially because the tools are the style I like, and partially, I suspect, the feelings are similar to many who frequent this board.
I know its appeal will not be to all but some of the simplest things...about 2/3 of the way down there is a pair of scissors and a hammer...can't help but think when you picked these up you knew you had quality in your hand.

I don't think the site is overly commercial but please remove this post if it is out of bounds. Russ [no connection to site]

Edit: oh, there are some neat tricks related to welding studio

wierdscience
11-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Cool site,thanks for posting.

My favorites are the Lincoln welders and the pipe fitting bandsaw.

sasquatch
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Russ, thanks for posting this GREAT site, very enjoyable viewing!!
Have that same old B&D 8in saw a beauty.

flylo
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Russ, I have a Lincoln 180 welder just like that, well I have 2 just like that. I have at least 20+ welders but last spring I needed to weld a crane into my truck & the only welder ext cord long enough fit only this old 180c I picked up. This thing weighs a ton but I managed to get it to the door, plugged it in & no fan came on, so I shut it off got my light & couldn't find a fan so I called Lincoln told them the model & serial # & asked if it had a fan. The guy said all welders have fans, put me on hold then came back & said this one didn't need a fan as it has a huge core. I hadn't welded in a year or better but I struck an arc the 1st try that used the entire rod, then another & several more. I weld DC but this 180 welds as good as any I've used. I pick these up when I find them. Thanks for the link!

portlandRon
11-04-2012, 10:44 PM
What do you mean "Vintage" looks like the photos were taken in my shop - I'm offended.

Deja Vu
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I worked with that welder(same model) for several years during the 1960's in the shop of a tree farm(Evergreen Nursery,Inc). It did everything it was asked to do. ....just didn't ask too much.

Duffy
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Russ, I have the brother of that book press, (except that it needs a paint job,) and I gave away a Beaver 15" band saw. My compressor looks to be a similar vintage, except that it is a Broomwade, while the motor, a repulsion/induction Leyland, MUST be from the 30s.
A great site, lots of nicely restored tools.