PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't somebody make these?

wierdscience
11-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Looking for a boring bar that accepts TNMC-43NT-4P stand up threading inserts.Could have swore I saw one once.
I have a top-notch bar,but the insert series won't allow a 4tpi Acme and the next series bar up carrys too small a minimum bore for the thread I have to cut.

I could make something up to hold the TNMC inserts,but I would rather just buy one if possible.

KiddZimaHater
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Here ya go Buddy:
TNMC-4 Boring Bars (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=tnmc+tool&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=tnmc+boring+bar&_sacat=0)

Boucher
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Bars and Holders are available From ENCO and others. The company that started this concept is Tool Flo in Houston, TX. You will probably have to get the Acme and other specialty inserts from them. A R Warner makes some bars and inserts including some HSS inserts.

metalmole
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I like that concept....wouldnt be hard at all to make that, I have made most of my insert holders.......I will find a good deal on inserts that I dont have holders for and buy them, gives me a good reason to make something else..........

wierdscience
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Here ya go Buddy:
TNMC-4 Boring Bars (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=tnmc+tool&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=tnmc+boring+bar&_sacat=0)

Ahhh...you sir are a gentleman and a scholar,Perfect! All I need to do now is figure out if I can shoehorn that through a 1.275 bore.Maybe if I grind a couple of insert tips back to make roughers.

Boucher,thanks for reminding me of Warner,HSS inserts would be nice since the job is 932 Bronze.

Metalmole,now that you mention it I do have this new fangled chuck that hangs off the B-port table so the ends of long rods can be worked vertically....this has me thinking....which is dangerous at times....:D

Boucher
11-15-2012, 12:53 PM
The bars and inserts are made in the smaller TNMC 32 size that will go into smaller bore. Warner makes the smaller inserts not sure that they make 43 size. The Acme thread inserts are available from tool flo. I think that I have a few if you would like to try one. Not sure of the size.

wierdscience
11-15-2012, 02:15 PM
The bars and inserts are made in the smaller TNMC 32 size that will go into smaller bore. Warner makes the smaller inserts not sure that they make 43 size. The Acme thread inserts are available from tool flo. I think that I have a few if you would like to try one. Not sure of the size.

Thanks for the offer,but I already have some coming.I found the 4pitch inserts in the 43 size,but not the 32 size.The inserts are cheap enough that if I have to modify them by grinding it's no big deal.

I did also buy a 32 holder for OD threading in my bench lathe.