PDA

View Full Version : Google Bookmarks Question

bborr01
11-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for answers to a very frustrating problem with my google bookmarks account and I am confident that someone from the brain trust will have an answer.

For about the last 6 months or so, every few weeks when I click on google bookmarks it prompts me to sign in again. When I do it won't take my password. My wife's laptop does it and my 3 laptops all do it.

Initially, I would do the forgot my password routine and reset my password. Well, they won't let you use a password that has been used by you before and they won't allow weak passwords. I got sick of coming up with new passwords and decided to try uninstalling google bookmarks and re-installing it. That worked a charm, but that is getting old too.

Anyone got any answers for this or had the same problem?

Thanks,
Brian

metalmagpie
11-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Never heard of google bookmarks, but if your on a windows PC you might look at your hosts file. Sometimes you may have blocked a host needed for something to work. Another thing, you *have* cleared all your cookies, right? And have your cookie permissions set so google bookmarks can leave cookies if it wants to?

seattlepitboss

caveBob
11-22-2012, 01:31 AM
KeePass Password Safe
http://keepass.info/

Just install it on one of those little USB pen drives, take it/use it where ever you want. You can then make the passwords as complex as you dare/want... :)