PDA

View Full Version : OT Difficulty joining other forums

customcutter
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I had some problems joining the LinuxCNC forum a couple of months ago, and luckily BigJohnT was able to help me join up.

Recently I tried joining the Grendel 6.5 forum. Everything seemed to go through, just waiting for the moderator to activate the account. That's been several weeks now, and still waiting. Sent an e-mail to the "webmaster", and got a notification back that 5 email accounts did not exist. However, I've seen several people join the forum since I attemted to.

Last night I tried joining the Practical Machinist forum. Again everything seemed to go through got the e-mail to click on the URL. Did that, says I'm a member (same as Grendel forum), can't post waiting on moderator to activate the account.

I know it's only been 24 hours since PM forum, but it seems like I've dropped into a black hole in cyber-space. I'm wondering if it's my browser IE-8 (can't update not supported by XP). I tried on my wifes laptop using firefox, but still using verizon fios for internet provider and verizon yahoo for e-mail. Just wonder where/what the problem might be.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

thanks in advance,
Ken

BigJohnT
12-04-2012, 04:22 PM
As a side note Ken, the registration at LinuxCNC has been updated and it automagic now.

John

customcutter
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey John, hoping to get started wiring those 201's soon. Been busy with other things.

Ken

BigJohnT
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I know how that gets... I work my butt off some days and get nothing done LOL.

John

lakeside53
12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
What's the problem? PM admins will get around to you eventually!

Bill736
12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
If you really want to post in the PM forums, I hope you've got really thick skin.

Dr Stan
12-04-2012, 10:00 PM
If you really want to post in the PM forums, I hope you've got really thick skin.

or an asbestos suit

lakeside53
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Just 'cos a couple of guys "over here" got burned on PM doesn't make it a hostile site. In fact, I find it an amazing resource and have been posting for years - no issues I couldn't handle, and like all sites there's a couple of a-holes that need to be blasted occassionally, or simply ignored.

mike4
12-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Have been a member for a while now and never had a problem , get some real help with problems from time to time and find that they are reasonably friendly.
Michael

Zero_Divide
12-05-2012, 06:28 AM

oh it is not bad. plus if you really want to get information out, pissing people off sometimes is the only way to go

customcutter
12-05-2012, 02:05 PM
The thread was to find out if anyone else had noticed similar issues with IE-8, verizon or any possible suggestions. Wasn't asking for opinions about where I should post or look for information/help. I've been flamed here a few times also. I guess if you're going to ask for advice you have to take the good with the bad.

thanks,
Ken