X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUMPER
    • Oct 2007

Looking for Info on the LMS HiTorque 8.5x16 Bench Lathe

Has anyone seen or used the Little Machine Shop 8.5x16 Bench Lathe? I am interested in a hobby machine to 'putter' on and to make small projects on and make the occasional repair to other items. I know where it is built but for what I want it for it will work just fine.
    tnx,
    gumper
  • Jaakko Fagerlund
    • Dec 2010

That is the SIEG SC4, very good machine after cleaning. I did several writeups of it in my blog at http://homeshopmachinist.blogspot.com

Edit: And the torque is just amazing, really puts the brushed motors to shame
    Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

• GUMPER
      • Oct 2007

Jaakko...
      Thank you for your quick reply and the link to your write ups on your blog. Your write ups are clear, informative and interesting and will be helpful to me in making a decision.
      Congratulations on earning your degree and I hope that your career will go well.l
      tnx,
      gumper

Comment

• Jaakko Fagerlund
        • Dec 2010

Thanks, the career has been going on for a few years already Absolutely loving it! Best of wishes with your lathe purchase plans!
        Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Working...
        X