PDA

View Full Version : wow a very nice example ofdoing up old machines!!!

Alistair Hosie
12-11-2012, 03:28 PM
See this beauty! Alistair
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BCA-jig-borer-small-bench-milling-machine-rotary-table-vice-collects-chuck-240v-/160937552523?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2578a02a8b

John Stevenson
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Not green.................

sasquatch
12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Agreed Alistair, very impressive!!

achtanelion
12-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Not green.................

Say what you want John, I'm green as hell!

All kidding aside, if the mechanics are up to the level of the cosmetics, that's a very nice machine indeed.

J

oldtiffie
12-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Here's the "blurb" from the eBay web site.

Here for auction is my BCA MK3 bench jig borer / milling machine! It is a precision machine that can has movement in the three axis x y z . All the axis are square and move freely accross the full range of travel . It also incorporates a rotary table measuring approx 8" dia and also has a adjustable angle head complete with the correct belt pulley attachments ( jockey wheel) present, and still fitted to the side of the machine for such occasions ! The machine has been converted to single phase 240v and has a normal 3 pin plug! A set of imperial collets (internaly threaded to accept threaded shank cutters if need be) are included along with a drill chuck and chuck key,spindle bearing spanner, full tee bolt and clamp set, table lock (tommy) bar and a very high quality precision grinding/machine vice! The vice has perfect (totaly unmarked) 4" wide surface ground fully hardened jaws! This piece of equipment is in beautifull condition , works perfectly with a brand new belt just fitted , powerful 240v motor and all new amourflex power cable and fittings. This is the MK3 BCA version which has a far sturdier/ wider cast frame ( than the MK1 /2) , preventing any flexing when machining! This is my own personal machine which i have owned for the last 20 years , i am a toolmaker and i can honestly say she is a beauty and has been very well cared for! Making the decision to sell her has been difficult as i know how rare and sort after these machines are ,and will be extremely hard to replace ,especially due to its condition ,having a 240v motor and its compact size enable it to sit on a bench in a garage or shed at home! This is perfect for the model making enthusiast or small precision machinist ! Any inspection very welcome, collection is preferable , however i am willing to send via a courier! Payment is cash on collection or via cheque if you want it sent please! Funds must have cleared before collection or post! Item location is BRIDGEND, SOUTH WALES CF31 Any questions , please dont hesitate to ask and i will do my best to answer! Thanks for looking!

I don't see any mention of it being re-conditioned or "done up".

If that's so its a nice machine that has been very well looked after by the present owner since new.

gwilson
12-11-2012, 08:54 PM
A helluva nice piece of male jewelry for certain. Too bad it's in England. I could make room for that machine!!!:):):)

Mcgyver
12-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I've got one that is in very good shape but what is especially attractive about that is the tooling; all those collets! and is the vise factory? sure looks like the handles match. very nice.

mike4
12-11-2012, 11:59 PM
But red ones go faster.............!
Michael

John Stevenson
12-12-2012, 04:13 AM
I don't see any mention of it being re-conditioned or "done up".

No that's just how it came out the box 65 years ago, - plonker.

Alistair Hosie
12-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Heh heh naughty naughty John.Alistair