PDA

View Full Version : made an italian utility cart (video)

Tony
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
ok so its not an italian cart.. but vid is in italian.
spend some time on a metalwork forum here.. had this project in mind for a while.. thought I'd
make a vid.. take everyone along for the ride.

not rocket science of course, but I always like watching other people tool around in their shops.

mistakes included. :)

action starts about 3-4 mins in.. fortunately I don't do too much taking.

moral of story is:

- here's material I have on hand
- plan is to make front axle steering .. with grease fittings.. blah blah pizza pie

the little chat at the end is me talking about how, working without a plan (winging it), the
cart came out a little mis-proportioned.. a little big really for the steel I used. or maybe
wheels are too small depends how you look at it.

its getting the job done.

here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myabbp4G5H0

(go easy on me)

outlawspeeder
12-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Looks good.

ML_Woy
12-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Nice Wagon, really like the way you made the front spindles, and the grease fittings in the top of the bolt head. Looks like you have a great fabrication shop and some nice tubing benders. That little girl of yours is going to be a great welder when she grows up.

Tony
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks. Bender is home made hossfeld clone. Had an earlier version that was all welded (and little lighter duty)
and it got so much use I made this one. Heat treated an everything. Shy of the belt grinder probably best addition
to the shop.

herbet999
12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
good video. Your daughter is a heck of a welder and I'll bet cheap too.

MichaelP
12-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Bellissimo!

P.S. For me, the sound of Italian is associated with many things: the beautiful old country I fell in love with long time ago, movies of Fellini, my life in italian neighbourhoods of NYC, opera, even Cosa Nostra, but not metalwork. :)

Pherdie
12-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Nice job, Tony. Really enjoyed the video and got a kick out of your daughter and the welding helmet!

RussZHC
12-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Excellent, not sure which I like more, the cart or the video. Ties in nicely to the "Fastest and Easiest" and "How to Get Good at Design..." threads...really like the steering mechanism/gear.

Black Forest
12-21-2012, 03:32 AM
Great cart Tony. You move much faster in your shop than I do in mine! You must run 1000 amp machine to be able to weld that fast.

That little angel in the picture is going to rule your life. Makes a lot of things worthwhile when you have an angel helping you.

I am very impressed with your fabrication skills.

Tony
12-21-2012, 04:07 AM
You move much faster in your shop than I do in mine!

You know, the stereotypes are true.. we Italians are very fast and efficient, not like you lazy Germans. ;)