PDA

View Full Version : Milacron

rws
12-26-2012, 07:40 AM
OK, a little venting here.....

This guy is the most full blown a$$hole that ever walked. It's OK for him to post a "meaningless topic", but let someone else do it, and he shuts it down. I know it's his forum and he can do as he pleases, but the hypocrisy is sickening.

This is the best forum on the net. Yes there are a fair amount of OT posts, and I'm as guilty as anyone. OT or not, I learn something from them all, and the most important thing is, the Moderators allow it, the responses are always decent and informative, without sarcasm and degradation.

Thanks to all for a wonderful place to visit, ask and learn!

Black Forest
12-26-2012, 07:49 AM
the responses are always decent and informative, without sarcasm and degradation.

Ha, are you reading the same HSM as I read? There is lots of sarcasm on this board and I personally try to degrade everyone I can as often as I can!

Why are you bitching about Milacron. It is his sand box and his shovel and pail. If you want to play you have to go by his rules. He doesn't have to go by his rules if he doesn't want to. I bet you complained to the teacher every time a boy or girl teased you in school!!!! What a crybaby. Get over it there is more to life than a OT being shutdown....As the eloquent Sir John has referred to others on this board.....what a wanker!!!!!

malbenbut
12-26-2012, 07:59 AM
I quite like PM but I dont go there much as it takes a long to download.
MBB

Tony Ennis
12-26-2012, 08:01 AM
What?! Milicron's an ass?! Newsflash!

Peter.
12-26-2012, 08:01 AM
I quite like PM but I dont go there much as it takes a long to download.
MBB

That's about the only gripe I have. Not only does it take an age to load - it also freezes all the other tabs in IE so I can't go off and read something else whilst waiting.

uncle pete
12-26-2012, 08:03 AM
LOL, I'm not anywhere close to as "eloquent" as BF is, and while I can see some of your point. Different forums also, Mostly pros over there, mostly wannabees over here. Were just the poor hillbilly cousins when were over at PM. It's still a real good forum, and I've learned a lot from it. And a lot of that very direct wording on that forum just reminds me of how it's about the same on almost any job I've ever worked at. And sometimes sarcasm can also be an art form.

Agreed about the site being dead slow with IE, but it's fine with Firefox.

Pete

Jaakko Fagerlund
12-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Why are you bitching about Milacron. It is his sand box and his shovel and pail. If you want to play you have to go by his rules. He doesn't have to go by his rules if he doesn't want to.
It is like playing Calvinball, so he is an ass.

J Tiers
12-26-2012, 08:13 AM
You guys need to lose the 'tude, dudes.....

1) This is NOT THE PLACE for complaining, George will deal with this shortly, I suspect.

2) read B.F. 's response, it covers the situation nicely.

3) there is an easy solution if you do not like PM, don't GO there.....

I have no problem with Milacron. Some folks sound like the people who get a speeding ticket and then start to question the posted speed limit instead of their own actions.

Deja Vu
12-26-2012, 08:19 AM
I see we're moving into the new year on a note of dubious quality.
Check your reins guys. Don't stir the pot before the ball drops.

Peter.
12-26-2012, 08:20 AM
I never had a problem with the admin, just the page load times. I can suffer it for a bit but I'd read a heck of a lot more if the pages loaded fluidly.

SteveF
12-26-2012, 09:21 AM
................. It's OK for him to post a "meaningless topic", but let someone else do it, and he shuts it down. .................

Funny, I'm a regular over there and never once seen him do that.

Little reading comprehension lesson for ya':

"I have a question" is a meaningless title and gets closed.

"OT - Problem getting my cat to eat" is very clear about the topic of the thread.

As others have said, if you don't like that forum, DON'T GO THERE.

Steve

Marty Feldman
12-26-2012, 09:26 AM
This site and PM have fundamentally different aims, and meet very different needs. PM meets its largely through the tight rein Milacron keeps on it. That's a good thing, in my view. If PM is over your head, don't go there.

Mcgyver
12-26-2012, 09:26 AM
"I have a question" is a meaningless title and gets closed.

putting a meanless title up is poor form.....almost all here get that which is nice....and with no stick

GNM109
12-26-2012, 09:53 AM
OK, a little venting here.....

This guy is the most full blown a$$hole that ever walked.

Obviously you never met my last boss before I became self-employed.

loose nut
12-26-2012, 10:04 AM
3) there is an easy solution if you do not like PM, don't GO there.....

A good answer, now if we could just get Milacron to stop coming over to this forum and bitching about how badly we treat him here everything would be perfect.

Carld
12-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Does Milacron post here? If so, what screen name does he use?

dp
12-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Don posts as "Milicron of PM".

Knocking PM is bad form. It is different than most machine BBS sites for a reason and Don is not shy about those reasons and defending them. It works. The content there is close to what he is after, particularly away from the General section.

garagemark
12-26-2012, 11:11 AM
I really suspected that this thread would take this direction. And unfortunately, the general gist of the majority should stand. The internet is a strange place. Most web sites are still private; paid for by individuals. And while they are visible for viewing and/or interaction, they still belong to the owner. Don't like what you see? Don't go there. Don't like how you are treated? Don't go back there.

While I have never had a problem at PM, I rarely go there, and almost never post. I do lurk around some and do find interesting threads, but I keep to myself mostly. I like this address because George does allow off topic content. I have learned many things here that are not "machining" related, though most OT's are still quite technical in scope.

So, I suggest you stick around over here and forget, or simply lurk, on the PM site.

GNM109
12-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Don posts as "Milicron of PM".

Knocking PM is bad form. It is different than most machine BBS sites for a reason and Don is not shy about those reasons and defending them. It works. The content there is close to what he is after, particularly away from the General section.

I agree that knocking another similar forum is bad form. I have to say though that the level and amount of cursing permitted on PM is totally out of control. Most of it occurs on the off-topic posts, although there are exceptions even in the General Section. Don seems not to notice and I just go read something else when I see the vulgarity. It appears that the only thing he really cares about are the meaningless topics and I agree with him there since it makes the threads impossible to search.

That said, I've been on that site for nearly ten years and I've learned a lot there as well as here so it's all OK.

Mcgyver
12-26-2012, 11:22 AM
the level and amount of cursing permitted on PM is totally out of control.

that to is of value....gives insight as to the type of person you're dealing with :D

John Stevenson
12-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I have to say though that the level and amount of cursing permitted on PM is totally out of control.

Bollocks.