PDA

View Full Version : Scraping Class in GA

CSudd
12-27-2012, 08:01 PM
I have been visiting this forum pretty frequently, but this is my first post. Just as a quick introduction, I am from Flowery Branch, GA and I do maintenance/repair work for a company in Lawrenceville that produces packaging materials. We also design and build our own equipment for our plant here in Lawrenceville and our other plant in Kutztown, PA. Metal work is what I do for a living and it is also my hobby.The reason I started this thread is I am looking for folks that might be interested in attending a Richard King scraping seminar in GA in March/April of 2013. Richard has said he would teach the class if there is enough interest.This would be a 3-5 day class where Richard would teach machine rebuilding, repair, lubrication, leveling, scraping, etc. The cost would be dependent on how many students that we have. If you think you might be interested in attending let me know what dates would work for you and once we get some input from those who are interested in attending we can nail down a specific date.

Thanks,
Craig

CSudd
01-01-2013, 10:47 AM
I noticed there have been several folks that have viewed this thread, but no replies. The guy that is hosting the class is located in Pine Mountain, GA. Anybody interested?

Craig

micrometer50
01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
I'd be interested in a class near your other plant.

2ManyHobbies
01-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Perhaps, but it depends on the specifics and my work schedule.

George Seal
01-01-2013, 01:11 PM
I would depending on final cost

CSudd
01-04-2013, 12:37 AM
2ManyHobbies and George,
I sent you PM's with estimated pricing, and I also wanted to get some input from you on what dates in March or April you might be able to attend if you are still interested.

Thanks,
Craig

CSudd
01-09-2013, 12:16 AM
The scraping class is going to be held on the first weekend in April which is April 5,6, & 7. The class will be held in Pine Mountain, GA and the host is Tom Brooks. If you you have your own hand and/or power scrapers you can bring those with you to use at the class, but if not we can work around that. You can also bring along a project to work on. Based on the feed back that I got, most people are more interested in doing a 3 day class. Is anyone interested in doing 5 days? What are your specific interests? Richard will need to know so he can plan what to teach. If you have any questions or want to attend you can email me at craigsudderth@rocketmail.com or Richard at richard@handscraping.com.

Thanks,
Craig

nc5a
01-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I took the Kingway scraping class back in 1999 when Richard was teaching it in his shop. It was 5 days and now that I look back on it I wish it had been longer. In the old days machine tool rebuilders would spend months if not years practicing the art of scraping a machine back into proper geometry before ever laying their hands on a production machine.

I might be interested in attending as a refresher if the price was right, the conditions are right and the tooling and standards are up to par. It would be quite expensive for me as I live in Alaska but if it looks like it would be worth my time and expense I'll attend.

I suggest whomever is arranging this class that they talk Richard into bringing the Kingway alignment tool with him, might even sell a couple if they are priced right.

CSudd
01-29-2013, 06:13 PM
If any of you guys are interested in taking the Ga Scraping Class the sign up dead line is Feb. 15. We have to have 6 students by that time or the class will be cancelled. This is the only class in Ga this year. The total cost for the 3 day course is $750 with $350 due by Feb. 15. If you are interested in attending you can pm me or send me an email at craigsudderth@rocketmail.com. The dates are April 5,6, & 7 and the class is located in Pine Mountain,Ga. Richard King is teaching the class.

Thanks,
Craig