PDA

View Full Version : When is the Cabin Fever Expo in Yorktown,Pa.?

gwilson
01-05-2013, 04:09 PM
I cannot get their website to load up. Anyone know this year's date?

JCHannum
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
I am not sure of the date, but it is in April this year, two weekends before NAMES. A very shabby move in my opinion to take business away from NAMES.

Edited, one weekend before. Thanks Glen.

Cabin Fever is a for profit venture, NAMES is entirely volunteer and was the first major show for model engineering in the US. By having the CF show the weekend before the NAMES show, it makes it impossible for many vendors and displayers to make both shows and an extreme hardship for others. This can do nothing but dilute participation in both shows.

PTSideshow
01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
There are a number posts on the stak forum for the fever and NAMES has our own forum since we are a non profit. April,13 and 14 for their show. It is the weekend before NAMES.
http://www.smokstak.com/forum/

If you are wanting to see a certain vendor at the show, make sure you contact the vendor and not the show. As I was told somebody asked if a certain vendor was going to be there. And they we're told by somebody from cabin fever that the vendor would be there. They then contacted the vendor and was told that they wouldn't be at cabin fever, due to the auctions and the bad economy. So contact the vendors first.

duckman
01-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I spoke at length with the operator of Cabin Fever Expo asked him why the change, he stated before anyone shows up he's into the show for $25,000 , and a lot of people wanted to bring there RV's and couldn't in January, he also wanted to do stuff outside and you can't in Jan. If I lived in between the 2 shows I'd make an effort to go to both but alas I live in New England and the NAMES show is too far for me to go to. JMPR.

loose nut
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I believe that after this year the shows will be a little farther apart.

gwilson
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I heard it was now in April. I say GOOD. It's pretty cold up there in January.