PDA

View Full Version : RF-45 and clone info needed

Spin Doctor
01-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Due to limited head room I need the following dimensions.

1) Overall height w/out stand
2) Height from machine base surface to table
3) Height of machine base surface to C/L of X axis leadscrew (center of handwheel)

I've only got around 80 +/- inches to the joists and If I have to I will place the machine to allow the spindle motor to pass into the space between joists but I need to know what I will be dealing with

Thanks for any help in advance

JRouche
01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
I measured my Enco rf-45 clone.

Top of motor to bottom of base- 45-1/4"
Top of table to bottom of base- 10-3/8"
C/l of X axis screw to bottom of base- 8"

JR

I just realized I screwed that up. Over all height should be 56-5/8". My Z was midway.... JR

QSIMDO
01-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Due to limited head room I need the following dimensions.

1) Overall height w/out stand
2) Height from machine base surface to table
3) Height of machine base surface to C/L of X axis leadscrew (center of handwheel)

I've only got around 80 +/- inches to the joists and If I have to I will place the machine to allow the spindle motor to pass into the space between joists but I need to know what I will be dealing with

Thanks for any help in advance

My older Industrial Hobbies is;
1) 47" to the top of the column and then another 10-11" with the head all the way up to the top of the motor.
2) 9.5"
3) 7.25"

Hope that helps.

Spin Doctor
01-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks, all. The figures should put me in the ball park as to stand height so as to allow a comfortable working height. To be honest IMO the reason to use the head all the way up is for boring and drilling ops. Milling I prefer less height rather than more :rolleyes:

loply
01-06-2013, 03:30 PM
You need to know how high the top of the motor is from the bench, when the head is at full elevation. It's bloody high!

You will rarely ever need to go that high though so even if your ceiling prevents it getting there you may be okay.

tryfred
01-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Not to be a killjoy regarding your plans and not knowing accessibility /location /needs etc. but a Bridgeport J head with a pancake motor will fit very nicely with 80 of headroom.

Joe

oldtiffie
01-07-2013, 05:32 PM
http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/M123

Spin Doctor
01-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Need one more bit of info. Distance from back side of machine to front of motor

JRouche
01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Need one more bit of info. Distance from back side of machine to front of motor

Twelve inches... JR

Spin Doctor
01-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks all. As to a BP. The space I have for the shop is only about 144 sqft with another 16 sqft of one side for a bench w/computer/surface plate and storage above the bench. A BP would just steal too much room :( By being creative I think I can squeeze in a lathe, mill, drill press with a precision table and maybe, just maybe a small surface grinder and a bandsaw. I'll most likely have to hide stuff like a bench grinder on swing out devices that hide under other tools until needed. Two items that dictate where I can put machines is the water meter and a 72 inch built in cabinet I am using for storage. As to the water meter the wall space there is just right for a dehumidifier with another shelf above that for my Kennedy chests. The space would there would also be ideal for a smaller lathe than what I have if I decide to go smaller. Yah, like that'll happen :rolleyes:. Grzzly's shop planner comes in handy for seeing what will fit and what won't.

spongerich
01-13-2013, 12:38 PM
I can take a look at mine, but I think the draw bar needs a little extra clearance above the height of the motor to slide in comfortably.