PDA

View Full Version : OT - Circuit tracer

armedandsafe
01-06-2013, 11:47 PM
This might be enough off topic to merit removal. There have been a number of questions on the board about electrical problems, leading me to think there might be some here interested in the following.

Some 8 or 9 years ago I bought a Gardner Bender circuit tracer. It worked fine for the job I had to do tracing out all the electrical circuits in a house my son was remodeling.

Since then I have used it about once a year for various jobs around the house, shop and vehicles. I went to use it the other day and it was dead. So, I sent a message to GB asking if they repaired that model.

Response was "No, we don't repair that model." There was also a question from the tech about how old the tool was, so I responded. His response to that was that he had put in a warranty request and needed my address to ship me a new one. :cool:

Eight or nine year old tool and they are going to replace it because it died after all that time. THAT is above and beyond customer service in my book and I felt they should be recognized for that.

Pops

Mike Amick
01-07-2013, 12:15 AM
That ISSSS a customer service gloat

And as far as too far OT .. thats not possible here.

Mcgyver
01-07-2013, 07:22 AM
good on them, thanks for reporting it

Paul Alciatore
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Yes, it is sad, but most of today's warranty policies are more to limit the seller's liability than they are about insuring that the customer is satisfied. When I sell on E-bay I always have to write in my extended return policy because they have no choices that are greater than 30 days. Heck, I buy stuff and don't even take it out of the package for longer than that. I mean, really. But their policy seems to be mainly concerned with limiting the seller's (and E-bay's) responsibility in the sales. And likewise for many, many more.

hoof
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I appreciate know how supplires treat their following. Thanks for the info, they do deserve praise IMHO.

Ray