PDA

View Full Version : machining help needed

pumpguy
01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Back in the late 1980's I placed an ad in Home Shop Machinist for an hsm to make small parts for us. His situation is now where it is getting difficult for him to continue this work for us so we are starting a new search. Parts are small bronze castings, or brass parts that you fabricate and machine. Occasional stainless steel and nylon parts also. Most cases you furnish material too (we furnish the castings). Quantity lots are small, maybe 2-10 pieces. Work is occasional. Most busy in Fall and Winter but occasional Spring and Summer orders too. Your turnaround time is not usually pressing, but we do have to meet the needs of our customers.

Please understand that we are a home based business, do not have deep pockets, and can't afford commercial shop rates. On the other hand, if you like doing machine work, have a lathe and vertical mill with tooling and know how to use them, this could be an opportunity to keep busy, justify your shop, pick up a few bucks, and maybe learn a thing or 2.

Ideal candidate will be dependable experienced machinist with his own hobby shop. USA only, preferably within 150 mile radius of ZIP Code 60081.

Please reply with qualifications and shop equipment to oakservcs (at) aol.com.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR COMPLETE STREET ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER.

Thanks to all who reply. I will try to answer as many as I can.

Dennis

sid pileski
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Sent you a PM.

Sid

pumpguy
01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Thank you to all who responded. I really appreciate your offer to help.

Many of you have sent me your reply via PM which I almost did not get. It would really be best if you sent me your information via my email <oakservcs@aol.com> as listed in my post. Please include your information including street address and phone number.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Bob Fisher
01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
WHY, would you need a street address and phone no for an answer? JUST ASKING? Bob.PS, Are you phishing for e mail addresses?

pumpguy
01-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Bob: No, I'm serious about my request. I'm not a computer guy, don't know what "phising" is, and would prefer to do business with people I can talk to and , if necessary, visit. These days it seems like the only type of communication people want to do is by email. Well, I'm not that kind of guy. I don't own a laptop, tablet, smart phone, Ipad, Ipod, or any of that stuff. Just a cell phone that's only a cell phone. Doesn't even take pictures.

Dennis

George Bulliss
01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
WHY, would you need a street address and phone no for an answer? JUST ASKING? Bob.PS, Are you phishing for e mail addresses?

Dennis contacted me a few weeks ago about searching for a home machinist and I suggested that the bulletin board was the logical place to ask. From the communications Iíve had with Dennis I have no reason to believe that this is anything other than a sincere request. Itís a little different than our usual fare on the board, but I thought it would be a great opportunity for one of the members.