PDA

View Full Version : OT is there a foot doctor in the house?

A.K. Boomer
01-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I swore I would never do this - talk about any of my ailments, my dog maybe but not me - we'll something strange has been happening to my feet the last couple years and it's getting worse and worse, Iv looked on line some and can't find anything that fits,

so for what it's worth here goes, I go barefoot allot in the summer - never had any problems until I bought a pair of herman survivors (insulated) work boots for digging trenches - day one they made my feet really sore (which I thought a little normal at first) but only on the tops of my toes and they were red - sensitive yet itchy like crazy when I would first take the boots off - itchy on top of my toes not inside and the skin was normal but red and puffy like bunyons and has nothing to do with things like athletes feet -- been on a planet awhile and know what difference is - and it's not anything fungal neither ----- at first I thought it a reaction to the material in the boot but now I know what sets it off - anytime my feet get warm and have to sweat, after the work boot incident I would go back to my normal shoes and never a prob. for months - then use the work boots and bam - happens all over again - thought it was for sure the made in china materials - lol

then as time went on it's like I don't have any tolerance for even tennis shoe's now - it's so bad that I try to go barefooted most of the time and never have an issue - but the more I do that it seems like then I really become intolerant of "putting the dogs in a cage"
Now even my extremely vented summer tennies are too much in the house and it's winter! - the slightest bit of being too warm and the whole process starts off, it's getting downright painful,

On a side note Iv always had poor circulation in my hands and feet - and my feet are like icicles walking around the house - and then when put in mild shoes it's like they overheat, even though there still kinda cold to the touch,

it's like my options are becoming less and less... have to keep them cold all the time or big issues, I don't think it's gout because my toe joints feel fine - they don't hurt - it's just the skin on top of my toes, not the sides - not the bottoms or anything.
am I allergic to something, some kind of food? same socks as always...

On a side note but already mentioned - My circulation in hands and feet is probably the worst it's ever been - could this be the connection?

Black Forest
01-15-2013, 01:26 PM
did you try calling your Vet? :)

A.K. Boomer
01-15-2013, 01:34 PM
You watch now a Vet's going to reply and make you look silly:p

Bill Pace
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Google neuropathy (not real sure of spelling - nerve damage) and see if anything sounds like it fits.

fixxit
01-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Have you been tested for diabetes?
Poor circulation, nerve damage are all symptoms.
It's worth looking into.
Proper medication can slow or stop the progression of problems.
Perhaps even save your life.

Grind Hard
01-15-2013, 02:18 PM
~Have you been tested for diabetes?

Seconded. Get thee to thy doctor forthwith and posthaste.

In my case it wasn't diabetes causing my toe to "explode" but a rather odd pernicious fungus that would damage the skin and allow a serious infection to develop.

bob_s
01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
If you are a consumer of red meat it could possibly be GOUT!

J. Randall
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Bought a pair of Herman Survivors yrs. ago, and they made my feet hurt so bad I finally gave them away. Don't know about your problem, but I have some trouble with Psoriasis and heat will trigger a breakout real quick. Hope you figure it out.
James

A.K. Boomer
01-15-2013, 02:58 PM
It's very strange, Iv gone through most of what you guys are suggesting - my Dad had diabetes and Iv been tested multiple times for it,
I don't think it's a gout thing as my toe joints feel great, no red meat but two slabs of buffalo in the last half year.
I checked out the neuropathy stuff and some of the symptoms fall short and others seem to be different,

Whatever it is it's been a mild progression. it's internal there's a powerful reaction to certain conditions...

never any kind of open wound or blister although it feels like a blister sometimes - crazy - maybe someone else who runs around barefoot half the time (SJ?) and does just fine till he puts on a pair of shoes lol

A.K. Boomer
01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Bought a pair of Herman Survivors yrs. ago, and they made my feet hurt so bad I finally gave them away. Don't know about your problem, but I have some trouble with Psoriasis and heat will trigger a breakout real quick. Hope you figure it out.
James

JR they were for sure the first thing that set it all off - there is no doubt and they were brand new so didn't contain any "funk"

it's like once it happened once it was easier to happen the next time, to the point where I almost gave them away also, till it started happening in just about everything I wore but sandals...

rollin45
01-15-2013, 03:33 PM
know a gal who had similar symptoms, it had everyone stumped finally a doc came up with and tested here for MRSA , bingo, did the prescribed cure and she is now fine,,

Mike Burdick
01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the world of getting older! :(

Anyway, back to the subject....

You are not the only one to have this .....

http://www.foot-health-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5118

topct
01-15-2013, 05:03 PM
+1 Nerve damage. Or at least consider it.

Ever have your hand fall asleep? As circulation comes back there is a strange itch. It passes rapidly as it is circulation related. In the case of actual damage, it's like the nerve is kinda halfway back to a full connection, but is hung up. Leaving it in the itchy zone.

A.K. Boomer
01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
as far as images go - this is as close to what it looks like during a "bout"
this guys foot is about three times as bad as mine,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Wintertenen.jpg/230px-Wintertenen.jpg

Iv never heard of Chilblains but all the descriptions fit the bill, all except them recommending to keep the feet warm at all times... for me they do way better cold - I did get mild frostbit on one toe about a month ago... hmmm thanks everyone and esp. Mike Burdick for that site as so many suggestions there - some wacky but some real - and then theres the misery enjoys company thing and that's always priceless too.

Steve Steven
01-15-2013, 05:36 PM
My oldest daughter has an alergic reaction to her own sweat, in High School she had to drop out of the track team because of it.

vpt
01-15-2013, 07:55 PM
I started wearing new socks once without washing them and had a band itching/burning/problems with me feet for a few days even after wearing them.

Do the boots have liners that can be taken out and washed?

Sorry I didn't read the entire story (lazy tonight), if you mentioned washing them I missed it.

bob_s
01-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Boomer GET THEE to a doctor ASAP, for a full physical exam.

It might be something trivial, but on the other hand it could be symptomatic of a metastasizing cancer!

lakeside53
01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
If you are a consumer of red meat it could possibly be GOUT!

I'm a long term suffer of gout and for me it's far more complicated than "red meat". Red meat (which I don't eat hardly any of) has little effect on mine. In severe cases mine can get very red and the skin falls off, but that's rare and the joint pain is excruciating so I doubt that's the cause here.

Hey A.K. - get to a real doc...

oldtiffie
01-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Is it caused by saliva burn?

fishfrnzy
01-16-2013, 01:44 AM
I am not a foot doctor, don't even play one on TV. 99+% sure you don't have gout. I get it about 4 times a year and the best way to sescribe it is you wake up in the middle of the night thinking that you broke a toe but you don't remember doing it. Then it hurts more and more until you want to cut your foot off to alleviate the pain. In a good ccase of gout, it is usually just one or 2 joints not the whole foot and will get red and shiny and very swollen. Never had any itching. The only thing that helps is elevation, to elimintate the throbbing and not walking on it, anti-inflamatories and atching it early. This is not at all what you described in your symptoms. By the way also have had it hit my ankle and knees. So hopefully it helps knowing what you don't have. Best of luck though.

darryl
01-16-2013, 02:49 AM
You gave a clue- socks. I found out years ago that I can't wear socks that have more than a small amount of plastic in them- my feet feel like there's some kind of chemical reaction going on. Hot or cold, doesn't matter. Has to be at least 80% cotton or I can't wear them. Stretchy, nylon, rayon- can't wear that.

You've probably been through that, but just thought to mention it.

A.K. Boomer
01-16-2013, 11:42 AM
as far as images go - this is as close to what it looks like during a "bout"
this guys foot is about three times as bad as mine,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Wintertenen.jpg/230px-Wintertenen.jpg

Iv never heard of Chilblains but all the descriptions fit the bill, all except them recommending to keep the feet warm at all times... for me they do way better cold - I did get mild frostbit on one toe about a month ago... hmmm thanks everyone and esp. Mike Burdick for that site as so many suggestions there - some wacky but some real - and then theres the misery enjoys company thing and that's always priceless too.

You guys - if anybody is going through this and the symptoms fit the bill and you like to run around barefoot in the winter then check into this, I stumbled onto it thanks to Mike burdick and in reading the 145 posts in the site he gave when someone from the UK said "sounds like it could be "chilblains" Iv never heard of it before but I believe it's exactly what's happening...

From wiki;
"Chilblains (pron.: /ˈtʃɪlbleɪnz/; also known as pernio and perniosis)[1] is a medical condition that is often confused with frostbite and trench foot. Chilblains are a tissue injury that occurs when a predisposed individual is exposed to cold and humidity. The cold exposure damages capillary beds in the skin, which in turn can cause redness, itching, blisters, and inflammation.[2] Chilblains are often idiopathic in origin but can be manifestations of serious medical conditions that need to be investigated. Chilblains can be prevented by keeping the feet and hands warm in cold weather. A history of chilblains is suggestive of a connective tissue disease. "

Like I stated the only thing that did not fit is my feet act up when warmed, well that's because when I keep them like icicles they feel better but then I have hell to pay upon warming them up, so I tried to take my thinking a step further and forget about the instant relief when cold, and the instant pain and itching and redness and swelling when warm and just keep toughing it out through a warm cycle and not let up,
They should re-name this "hillbilly disease" - In my constant effort to buck society it's been a daily occurrence to wake up and walk around on freezing cold floors for hours - even go outside and get the mail in freezing temps - not walk on snow but cold enough to snow, quickly look over customers cars with them always telling me to go back in and put some shoes on ect. ect.

Well - yesterday I kept my feet very cold all morning and into the afternoon for relief - it felt great - but I took a nap on the couch and pulled a blanket over me - when I woke my feet were warm and it was one of the worst flair ups iv ever had, the itching was so intense yet you really can't itch them due to them being so sore...

so after reading about chilblains I decided to push through it and instead of letting them cool back down to do something I rarely ever do - keep them warm all the time, I put on socks last night and wore shoes a little - kept them warm all night long and when I woke it was instant socks and shoes.
I never thought I was doing something so extreme but it's exactly what's going on - it's been fridged here lately and that makes the extremes even worse.
the mild flair ups iv experienced in the summer where from going from being barefoot to stuffing my feet into an insulated work boot, (the herman survivors) again - extreme variation in temperatures is what I need to avoid, right now my pups are inside my summer shoes and I can feel they are actually so warm they are even a little sweaty but they feel very comfortable and the swelling is going down....

I guess I got to keep them warm, im going to miss the natural massaging effect that walking around barefooted on different surfaces has on my feet,
Sir John - if your reading this and you are experiencing anything like it then try putting on some damn shoes for awhile,

This sounds so simple but you have to realize you try to do whatever gains you relief and stay away from whatever causes you "trauma", I never really put it together to push through the trauma and keep doing what brought it on....

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - that foot in the pic is what really did it too - that guys foot looks identical to what I was going through - the tight red shiny skin...

kinda happy - kinda sad - now I think I know how to make them behave but I never liked putting dogs in a cage...

A.K. Boomer
01-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Is it caused by saliva burn?

I ruled that out due to it happening before the climbmilling post. (deductive reasoning):p

beanbag
01-16-2013, 04:22 PM
you could try a very thin shoe like the merrel sonic glove or vibram five fingers plus socks with individual toes

john hobdeclipe
01-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Itchy feet are a side effect of drinking colloidal silver and hanging upside down too much.

michigan doug
01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
1. Go see a doctor. Really.

2. I'm not that kind of doctor. I'm not your doctor. This is not medical advice. Go see a doctor. However...

3. Circulatory and connective tissue problems can be tedious to diagnose, both for the patient and of the doctor. There are a good many masquerade diseases that can cause things that look like this, several of which have already been mentioned. OK, you been tested for diabetes before, that doesn't mean you don't have it now.

But, a motivated gp and a motivated patient who pays attention can do wonders diagnostically. My personal feeling is that about a third of all md's are motivated (and encouraged by their practice) to pursue these time consuming difficult diagnostic problems.

4. Not all cases of X look like the textbook version of X. Don't decide too much on what some internet buddies and some internet pictures told you. That's why you need to see a good doctor.

5. Just because the boots were new, how do you know they didn't have some kind of microbial contamination?

6. I don't think you have this, but go read this and see if it rings any bells: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_phenomenon

7. This sounds vaguely like some kind of autoimmune pro-inflammatory condition. Do you have other kinds of inflammatory problems or skin issues?

8. Do a google image search for foot cellulitis and see if that looks familiar.

Good luck man, and go see a good doctor.

doug

Black Forest
01-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Michigan doug wrote, "7. This sounds vaguely like some kind of autoimmune pro-inflammatory condition. "

So you are saying he has AIDS. I always thought there was something not quite right about Boomer.

A.K. Boomer
01-18-2013, 02:16 PM
My feet are totally back to normal - I was doing the exact opposite of what I should have been doing - keeping them cold felt good for the immediate but what I needed to do was keep them warm,

There is no doubt what I was experiencing was Chilblains,
I did have an inflammatory condition in both my shoulder joint's but its about gone thanks to glucosamine/chondroitine.

Im not going to go see a doctor and I'll tell you why - I didn't realize as to what extremes I was taking the barefooted thing - so now that im doing "normal people things" and they are behaving normally, it would be like all of you who don't have foot problems to immediately go and see a doctor to see if you do? get it?

BF I hope you don't take offense to this but you must have a brain the size of a pea :)

Black Forest
01-19-2013, 01:34 PM
My feet are totally back to normal - I was doing the exact opposite of what I should have been doing - keeping them cold felt good for the immediate but what I needed to do was keep them warm,

There is no doubt what I was experiencing was Chilblains,
I did have an inflammatory condition in both my shoulder joint's but its about gone thanks to glucosamine/chondroitine.

Im not going to go see a doctor and I'll tell you why - I didn't realize as to what extremes I was taking the barefooted thing - so now that im doing "normal people things" and they are behaving normally, it would be like all of you who don't have foot problems to immediately go and see a doctor to see if you do? get it?

BF I hope you don't take offense to this but you must have a brain the size of a pea :)

Thank you for the compliment. Most people tell me I have a brain the size of a bb. BUT anyone who runs around barefoot in the weather and conditions you described and has foot problems and then wonders why shouldn't be questioning or commenting on another persons brain size! You come on here and whine about your dog but don't go to the vet. Then you come on here an whine about your hillbilly feet and all the pain, etc. and don't go to the doctor. From some of your posts you are quite knowledgeable in some areas that is for sure. But the living side of things you my man are a complete idiot and brain dead. And I don't care if you do take offense!;)

A.K. Boomer
01-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Duh, This coming from a guy who just steamrolled his buddies car with a bale of hay,lol

been running around barefoot in the winter for decades Einstein with never a prob. so excuse me that I didn't put it together that the recent cold snap would have caused so much trouble,

see how little you know? Dogs doing fine and never had to see a vet, more money for micro-brews so put a muzzle on it stymie.

Other people have posted about everything from hangnails to heart attacks and iv done nothing but try to show compassion and try to help - sure it would be easy to say "that's what you get for eating ice cream dummy" but I don't - So I do my best to offer healthy alternatives...

Maybe if most people are telling you that you have a brain the size of a BB you should keep your mouth shut more often?
I mean - the futures pretty grim when pea brain actually becomes a compliment... just sayin.

From some of your posts you are quite knowledgeable in some areas that is for sure.

Thank you - I really do hope that someday you can contribute something, maybe even if its something like trajectories of round hay bales? come on - step up to the plate - take pride in being stupid... thankfully no kids got in the way huh. :confused:

have a nice day:)

J Tiers
01-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Michigan doug wrote, "7. This sounds vaguely like some kind of autoimmune pro-inflammatory condition. "

So you are saying he has AIDS.

Just for the record....

"Autoimmune" is something quite different from "Immune deficiency"........ rather the opposite.

In an "autoimmune" disease, the body 'decides" that some natural , normal part or substance in it is actually foreign, and needs to be attacked with the healthy and functioning immune system. One might say the immune system is "overactive".

With "Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome", the body does NOT have as much immune system activity as normal... the immune system declines to nearly or totally non-functional status.

However, ignorance is not the same as idiocy.......... I do not condemn ignorance, nobody was born knowing everything. Therefore I don't go along with AK....

Black_Moons
01-20-2013, 04:22 AM
You guys, don't get cranky or we will have george send you to the timeout forum run by airsmith! Then you'll be sorry!

A.K. Boomer
01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
My apologies Blackmoons - but it just get's old - He's still bringing up the Vet thing and trying to make me out to be a bad guy for not taking my pet to the vet WHEN I CALLED THE VET AND THEY TOLD ME NOT TOO and gave me something to try first that helped,
I don't get it - who takes their pet to the vet when the vet says not too?
Don't blame me just because I have a vet that's awesome and doesn't see dollar signs every time their phone rings,
the fact is is my dogs doing fine and your horse is dead, so the burden of proof is on you,
perhaps your horse would still be alive if you would have either had a better vet or not taken the horse in?

I don't really care - but you start to judge other people when you don't know a damn thing or have any facts to back it up or totally get the facts wrong and it will get flipped around on you real quick.

You come on here whining about your daughter having such a tough X-mas because her rabbit done died because you underestimated what type of wire it takes to keep a fox out of the cage that ones on you,
You caused that catastrophe,
So you get your kids pet killed, possibly kill another - put her through holy hell at a time of the year when things should be joyous and happy and then come on here wanting some kind of sympathy for it?

And yet you somehow have the audacity to question someone else judgment with their obvious success stories? you beginning to get a grasp on a crazy little thing called "perspective"

Funny things happen when you add logic and sound reasoning huh? sitdown...

JT Im in agreement with you and we are all ignorant in one form or another - but if someone touches a hot flame and gets a third degree burn and says "OUCH" and starts to cry that's one thing - if they immediately run back to the stove to do it again that's another - BF is that individual - he transcends plain ignorance - he takes things a step further...

Black Forest
01-20-2013, 11:37 AM
I just like yanking your chain and reading your long winded crap replys. I post just enough wrong in my posts knowing it will get you going. And you fall for it everytime. Just to make it clear I didn't post about my daughters Xmas to get sympathy.

I bet you even have a ponytail!

A.K. Boomer
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Spank spank spank - lol how's that for a long winded post :p

Black Forest
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Spank spank spank - lol how's that for a long winded post :p

Also for your information I spent over 3000 Euros on the vet to try and save her mare. It didn't work and I didn't think it would work but I stepped up to the plate for my daughter and her horse on the chance that it might. The costs didn't concern me if it would help the mare be more comfortable and maybe save her life.

The rabbit for sure in hindsight was my fault and I will give you that one.

So what about the ponytail? Probably a beard too. Tatoos, yeah I think so. And of course a beer belly.

I will stop now because I don't want George to have slap our wrists again. But I do enjoy jerking your chain.

Oh, you spelled wank wrong in your post. I'll let you get back to it!

A.K. Boomer
01-20-2013, 12:01 PM
LOL - now look who's on the defense :) Funny how that works ehh? (duh)

I will stop now because I don't want George to have slap our wrists again.

You'll stop now due to getting your ass handed to you,
Let me tell you something about that, Having a moderator Like George that not only see's but allows the human side of life on such a technical site is amazing, It is both a luxury to be able to ask and a privilege to be able to share and potentially be able to help someone with something as serious as health issue's,

You also have to realize your post about your kids suffering due to you leaving her pet rabbit out for bait and potentially killing her horse was a done deal, It did not even fall into this category as there's nothing anyone could do cuz both critters already bought the farm, so the post was basically for sympathy -

I had none for you because you at least brought half the grief (maybe more) unto yourself and your poor child - I say poor child because she has you as a father,,,
Yet you need to take note as I could have immediately barged in on your pity post and bashed you about it - but that's not only disrespectful to George but the rest of the board also,

Are you beginning to see how things work? - or at least should work, and if your going to try and start something with someone at least get your facts straight and your act together because if your going to put people through it they should at least be entertained a little rather than such a "no contest battle" ,
It's not fun watching some idiot get tossed around the forum like a senseless ragdoll... (well - actually it is but lets hope you don't make a habit of it because people got better things to do)

Facts; you got blood on your hands with a dead rabbit and maybe even a dead horse - you also scooped up one unhappy kid in the process - and I? I got two happy old dogs and one great vet :) and to top it all off my feet feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat :p

Thanks to the board again for all the suggestions and for pointing me in the right direction.
everybody needs a little help now and then - yes even winter time barefooted hillbillies.

Christina023
04-21-2015, 10:51 AM
It passed quite a long time since this topic was active, but I became interested whether its author found the solution to the problem with his feet. It looked like he had gout. I must say that I had symptoms of gout in the big toe (http://goutsigns.org/symptoms/gout-symptoms) some time ago and it was difficult to treat. Not sure whether I cured it fully as last few months I experienced a pain in my big toe again... So anyway, if the authour of this topic is still available on this forum, I wonder how did he treat his condition?

A.K. Boomer
04-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Hey Christina - wow this was an old post, can tell cuz me and BF were still fighting like catz and dawgs lol

anyways --- what I had was called Chilblains, it was from letting my feet get too cold in the winter time, then when they would warm up they would give me all kinds of fits,,, I started to be careful with that fact and not let them freeze, I do have poor circulation in both my hands and feet so if im barefoot in my house in the winter they get very cold...

it was very painful, have not had a problem since though but thanks for checking in and trying to help... :-)

lakeside53
04-21-2015, 11:06 AM
There is a world of information available on how to treat (but more importantly - manage) gout... but first you need to figure out if you really have it or some other problem. I am a long term suffer of gout, have it down from weekly/monthly to a couple of attacks a year, and those are generally manageable to a couple of days (from onset to "gone") if treated promptly (if not... 7-10 days of agony). What works for me is some care with diet, long term reduction in beer/alcohol (one beer or less a day), and Colchicine immediately with onset of symptoms, but this drug is certainly not for everyone and needs to be taken with respect. Unfortunately another medication I take increases my likelihood of gout and I cannot take any form of NSAIDS ... so symptomatic relief is difficult to obtain. I can take Acetaminophen (Tylenol) but it has limited to no effect.

Get it diagnosed. it's progressive (i.e. will generally get worse over time) and when it moves from your big toe to ankle or knee... you'll wish you had dealt with it earlier ;)

jhe.1973
04-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Also for your information I spent over 3000 Euros on the vet to try and save her mare. It didn't work and I didn't think it would work but I stepped up to the plate for my daughter and her horse on the chance that it might. The costs didn't concern me if it would help the mare be more comfortable and maybe save her life.

The rabbit for sure in hindsight was my fault and I will give you that one.

So what about the ponytail? Probably a beard too. Tatoos, yeah I think so. And of course a beer belly.

I will stop now because I don't want George to have slap our wrists again. But I do enjoy jerking your chain.

Oh, you spelled wank wrong in your post. I'll let you get back to it!

OK, so this is a thread I missed.

So, I'm just wondering where I fit in to the bigger picture.

I have a ponytail and beard but no beer belly and no tattoos. (maybe I do have a tatoo & just don't know what that is).

Apparently I need to practice my welding so I can't join you guys until then.

I am supposed to be able to take being beat-up on.

My feet don't hurt although my nose runs.

What's wrong with me?

:D

wierdscience
04-21-2015, 01:05 PM
What's wrong with me?

Nothing,it's just some posts here are better than an episode of Seinfeld ;):D

jhe.1973
04-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Nothing,it's just some posts here are better than an episode of Seinfeld ;):D

That's 'cuz this is real world that Seinfeld is based on.

Takes me back to my days in several shops.

RB211
04-21-2015, 01:51 PM
You're free to diagnose yourself all you want, and not go see a doctor. My grandmother didn't like doctors, so she dropped dead when her Aorta burst... A few years ago, my mother refused to see the doctor, she dropped dead of a massive heart attack. I have a hard time feeling empathy, really, what I feel is outright anger towards my mother. Empathy, its highly under developed emotion in my brain, I can't look past other peoples mistakes, then feel bad about their pending disaster.
If you truly figured out whats wrong with your foot, I congratulate you, if not, well... Your rolling the dice.

Black Forest
04-21-2015, 02:00 PM
OK, so this is a thread I missed.

So, I'm just wondering where I fit in to the bigger picture.

I have a ponytail and beard but no beer belly and no tattoos. (maybe I do have a tatoo & just don't know what that is).

Apparently I need to practice my welding so I can't join you guys until then.

I am supposed to be able to take being beat-up on.

My feet don't hurt although my nose runs.

What's wrong with me?

Hey Jim, post a picture or two of your latest small radius welds and we will let you know if you can come to the party.

I am just jealous because I don't have enough hair to have a pony tail. No beer belly either because I don't drink beer or any alcohol actually. No tatto's either.

And I wear shoes.

A.K. Boomer
04-21-2015, 02:14 PM
BF I think I told you long ago you were wrong 4 for 4 lol

RB that's the other side of the coin no doubt and sorry to hear about it also...

Still on the flip side I knew of a few people with minor issues that went to see a Doc and "woke up dead"...

Im not condoning what I do for the general populous but in my case it has worked out well several times over now and esp. when the Doc's were just giving me shoulder shrugs while draining my life savings and then I finally took matters into my own hands, iv diagnosed and fixed myself several times over now and will probably go down with the ship that way because im already skating for free and most likely would have been either dead or a total zombie had I went their route...
and definitely would have been way in dept.

lakeside53
04-21-2015, 08:40 PM
On the other hand... if I hadn't gone to the doc 4 months ago for a minor complaint, I likely wouldn't be writing this now. By complete accident while looking for something else ($$ CAT scan) that didn't exist... they found something "rare and unusual". Scary enough that my doc called me on a Sunday morning after going to his office to find my home phone number, and wanted me to go to the ER immediately. I didn't... saw him the next day.

Don't write off the medical community - but you have to be your own advocate.... and 100% own your problem. Do your own research - you have much more time than the typical overworked Doc.

Oh... 4 months later nobody know what to do with me, but I take my 1960's drugs (only option) , watch and wait.. lol.. but that's ok... At least they are honest.

Jon Heron
04-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Don't write off the medical community - but you have to be your own advocate.... and 100% own your problem. Do your own research - you have much more time than the typical overworked Doc.
Well said!
And may I add it pays to be skeptical and ask lots of questions too...
Cheers,
Jon

flylo
04-22-2015, 10:37 AM
I hate the whole medical industry but my wife was getting tested for surgery last year to repair a botched mesh surgery when they found the largest tumor the oncology surgeon had ever seen & by Gods grace it turned out fine. We tracked my year of ostiomyolytis(sp?) MRSA & septis to a mismade leg brace they tried 5 or 6 times to correct & never did. IMHO I think like in most fields about 5% are superstars & 95% are going thru the motion to collect the check.

Evan
04-22-2015, 12:40 PM
If you are going to look up medical issues on the net then use authoritative sources. One of the best is medscape.com You will need to sign up for a lot of things but there is no cost and the info is top notch from the US government National Institute of Health.

For instance re Chillblains (Pernio) http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1087946-overview

From medscape:

Most patients with pernio present with a history of recurrent painful and/or pruritic, erythematous, violaceous papules or nodules on the fingers and/or toes. Most cases of pernio resolve within 2-3 weeks. Elicit a history of cold exposure or repeated episodes of cold exposure.

Also, see your doctor. That's their job. Although, I have on occasion had to deal with the one that graduated at the bottom of his class. Medscape is a good second opinion.

I also have to keep my feet as warm as possible but my problem is most likely Cryoglobulinemia (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/329255-overview) thanks to Hep C.

A.K. Boomer
04-22-2015, 01:03 PM
If you are going to look up medical issues on the net then use authoritative sources. One of the best is medscape.com You will need to sign up for a lot of things but there is no cost and the info is top notch from the US government National Institute of Health.

For instance re Chillblains (Pernio) http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1087946-overview

From medscape:

Also, see your doctor. That's their job. Although, I have on occasion had to deal with the one that graduated at the bottom of his class. Medscape is a good second opinion.

I also have to keep my feet as warm as possible but my problem is most likely Cryoglobulinemia (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/329255-overview) thanks to Hep C.

Thanks Evan, i can tell you that one person has got it bad by the way that foot looks, they are in allot of miserable pain and want to scratch too ans will - but it will about kill them, and yet they will keep having to do it... sucks, yet all it took for me was being aware, then you learn what to avoid...

jhe.1973
04-23-2015, 06:00 AM
Hey Jim, post a picture or two of your latest small radius welds and we will let you know if you can come to the party.

I am just jealous because I don't have enough hair to have a pony tail. No beer belly either because I don't drink beer or any alcohol actually. No tatto's either.

And I wear shoes.

Hi BF,

I'm so relieved that I still have a chance to attend - I just hate being left out of things and running out of Kleenex.

I'll take you up on your suggestion to post some additional photos but I am on the road now so it will have to wait 'till I get back.

I will probably start a new thread so as not to hijack this one any further. I already have a topic for a thread in mind & this will fit in nicely.

Oh by the way, I am wearing shoes too.

michigan doug
04-23-2015, 07:50 AM
Gout is pretty easy to diagnose with labwork. Treatment is generally pretty successful.

Guessing about your own diagnosis, well, that's guessing.

Sure some doctors are idiots. Most are not.

yes, I'm a doctor...