PDA

View Full Version : Another excellent cl listing

vpt
02-09-2013, 07:18 PM
See anything you need? Grinder, a heater, Glasses?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/tls/3602554110.html

Mcgyver
02-09-2013, 07:54 PM
just marvel at the clear, concise photography!

"too much to list" = "I'm an idiot, er lazy idiot, and can't be bothered to help myself"

:)

johnnyd
02-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Methinks that there is a shortage of chlorine at the shallow end of the gene pool !:p

J Tiers
02-09-2013, 08:47 PM
I like the "50% of retail" comment......

"Construction" tools are usually used until they fail, beaten like a bad dog while they still work, thrown (literally) into the back of the pickup, with something heavy put in on top, driven back with the rain soaking the whole pile of them, and MIGHT be "worth" 10% to 20% of retail....... depending on how many pieces have broken off or been lost. Maybe that is why the bad focus......

There are exceptions..... but not many.

alanganes
02-09-2013, 09:33 PM
As I think I have said in the past, these sorts of ads with the grossly out of focus photos are particularly amusing when you find them in the "Photo & video" section.

The other thing about this particular specimen is that even if the pictures were in focus, most of the stuff they are hoping to sell would appear too small to get a useful view of anyhow.

flylo
02-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I love the ads with no price.no number so when you finally talk to them & ask the price they sa "whatta you give me". After all the "cat & mouse" I end up insulting them with an offer brcause the want brand new not on sale price "cause I've only used it for 2 years".:confused:

lakeside53
02-09-2013, 11:18 PM
This one is about as worthless : http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/tls/3605978981.html

Black_Moons
02-09-2013, 11:22 PM
"To much to list and take pictures of" hahahah. thanks, I needed a good laugh.

lost_cause
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
I like the "50% of retail" comment......

"Construction" tools are usually used until they fail, beaten like a bad dog while they still work, thrown (literally) into the back of the pickup, with something heavy put in on top, driven back with the rain soaking the whole pile of them, and MIGHT be "worth" 10% to 20% of retail....... depending on how many pieces have broken off or been lost. Maybe that is why the bad focus......

There are exceptions..... but not many.

at least he's "only" trying to get 50%. a few months ago i was checking craigslist regularly for a decent deal on a used plasma cutter. there were a few used ones for sale at prices that were equal or higher than what you could order the same one new for. after corresponding with a couple to see if there was any room for negotiation and noting what a new one cost, they invariably had receipts for what they paid, which was always full retail. seems there are a lot of people who just go buy from their local dealers without trying to shop around or discuss price.

vpt
02-10-2013, 09:10 AM
"To much to list and take pictures of" hahahah. thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Thats the best part! It takes way to long to write out all ten items in a row or push a button to focus a camera.

J Tiers
02-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Yep, some folks will not take any trouble , even if it will likely get them 2 to 3 times more money.....

My FIL is selling a lathe.... it's dirty, and with drive and electrics barely kludged up to work..... gets offers of $100 "to take it off his hands"....... We'll see what I can get for it selling it in working condition, cleaned up. I figure at least $500.

vpt
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Yep, some folks will not take any trouble , even if it will likely get them 2 to 3 times more money.....

My FIL is selling a lathe.... it's dirty, and with drive and electrics barely kludged up to work..... gets offers of $100 "to take it off his hands"....... We'll see what I can get for it selling it in working condition, cleaned up. I figure at least $500.

But After getting it all cleaned up and working we always end up keeping them. :)