PDA

View Full Version : A intersting video I found

lane
02-20-2013, 10:01 PM
A very interesting video i found on youtube of a new kind of electric motor. Long but good . I wonder what the sparkey types would have to say after watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYo1QlvK5g

The Artful Bodger
02-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Errrr, I don't think I want to watch an hour of him, I did watch for 6 minutes.

becksmachine
02-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Undeniably a master of obfuscation and gobblediegook.

He has been around for a number of years.

Dave

tdmidget
02-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Sucker!!!!!

darryl
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm not a violent man, but I'd like to give a good swift upward motion of my boot to the scrotal area of people like this. And the people who were willing to endorse this bs- key figures in universities, etc- there goes their credibility. Shameful.

I only went in about 3 minutes- 3 minutes of my life wasted.

Zero_Divide
02-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Sigh.
Why dont he put his 5 thousand pound motor on a truck, plug a 9 volt battery in there and drive it off a cliff....
Ah yeah that motor can only drive itself for as long as huge inertia of its rotor is keeping it going.

Hokus pokus. Plus i cant listen to his pseudo-scientific gibberish. Startreck has more science in it than his invention.

darryl
02-21-2013, 01:46 AM
A lot of these guys are trying to convince somebody that there's some enormous amount of power locked up in a 9 v or a 1.5v battery- if only there was a way to get it out- finally after all these years of hard work I've figured it out for you!

I want to hear the experts he cited explain how they could endorse this bull- these were electrical engineers? Bwahaha

taydin
02-21-2013, 04:45 AM
There's definitely science and art involved here. It's the art of milking suckers. The Matrix film comes to mind, where the PEOPLE are the batteries, supplying the grid with power :)

BigBoy1
02-21-2013, 06:40 AM
P.T. Barnum said it best, "A sucker is born every minute."

EVguru
02-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Oh god, not the Newman motor again!

It didn't do what he claimed in 1979 when he applied for a patent (refused in 1983) and doesn't do so now.

He has never allowed the power input to be measured with instrumentation of sufficient bandwidth to give a believable result and has never allowed a direct measurement of shaft horsepower.