PDA

View Full Version : on the other hand - Rural King good customer service

Dr Stan
02-22-2013, 10:56 PM
I ordered a folding side shelf for my roll-away from Rural King and a few days ago received an e-mail saying it had been shipped. The e-mail included a delivery date and an UPS tracking number. The shelf was shipped direct from Homak (the manufacturer) so Rural King was just the seller. I checked on the UPS tracking site to discover the tracking number indicated the package was traveling east through Pennsylvania and then Maryland instead of heading to Kentucky. I called Rural King customer service and talked with a nice woman who checked into the issue. Seems someone at Homak had gotten information crossways and sent both myself and Rural King incorrect information. The CS woman was very nice and apologetic and took ownership of the situation even though it was not RK's mistake. Turns out the shelf is out of stock at Homak and will not be available until April or May. Well its not a "life or death" situation so I told her I'd wait for it. She then issued me a $19.00 credit on a $25.00 order just for my inconvenience.

Needless to say I'll be a repeat customer at RK's on-line store.

flylo
02-22-2013, 11:08 PM
We have a RK store in Niles & I love it, great customer service & much better prices than TSC at least here.

michigan doug
02-23-2013, 02:54 PM
If they have it, RK will be cheaper than tractor supply.

Pretty decent supply of welding stuff there too.

doug