PDA

View Full Version : Another one just bit the dust!

spinrow
02-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Yes I'm talking about pump style oil cans. My last working one just died. I have a pan full of dead oil cans and now I'm forced into trying to get one to work again. I have purchased a number of cans of different pump styles but in my hands they all come to an eventual end. Anyone have some suggestions on how to repair one? Thanks Paul

Black_Moons
02-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Simple, figure out whats wrong and fix it -_-;
On mine, the plunger stoped moving when I pressed down on the lever due to a part sliping and I added some zipties to fix it.

sasquatch
02-28-2013, 11:17 PM
You don't state what happened to it, but i guess you don't know that till you take it apart.

flathead4
03-01-2013, 09:22 AM
...but in my hands they all come to an eventual end

Same thing happens to me. If it wasn't for friction and wear my stuff would last forever.:rolleyes: Dang those laws of physics!

Tom

thaiguzzi
03-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Do'nt know if you are in the US, and you have a distributor for them... Reiling oil cans, sold in 3 sizes, available in Europe and the UK, made in Germany. Dual/double pump, work upside down, do'nt leak, will last a lifetime, and WILL NEVER BREAK. Ain't cheap though.
Mike.

ScubaSteve
03-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I've had pretty good results with THESE (http://www.amazon.com/Dutton-Lainson-606-Pistol-Oiler/dp/B000LNSJ7W/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1362186237&sr=1-1&keywords=pump+oiler)....the mechanism has been reliable and seems to prime well even in cold weather, haven't had any problems yet.

Honestly, you could probably use a standard small spray bottle and modify the nozzle....lots more options there.