PDA

View Full Version : Students wanted of May 31 SCRAPING and REBUILDING Seminar

Richard King
04-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have 4 people signed up for the May 31 - June 2, 2013 and we need more students.

I will be teaching a long weekend class in the Bay Area near Oakland, California at a small machine shop. We need more students The class will be held Friday, May 31st - June 2, 2013 from 8 AM to 6 PM.. I will teach you to Hand-Scrape, hand 1/2 moon flake, Biax Power Scrape and 1/2 moon Flake, Learn about leveling and aligning ways, how to straighten and scrape a tapered gib, learn to epoxy Rulon / Turcite / Phenolic and scrape and discuss Moglice, How to repair lubrication issues, how to scrape a ID bearing, how to rebuild a spindle.. You can bring along a personal project and we will rebuild it in the class. In past classes students have scraped their lathe compounds, straight-edges, Milling machine tables, repaired there Mini lathe or mill, learned how to scrape the bottom of a precision level, etc.

PM me for more info.
Thanks. Rich

Richard King
05-13-2013, 09:15 PM
We have 7 students as of now 5/13/13 and could use a couple of more. The class is being held at a famous Blacksmith's shop in Oakland CA May 31-June 2. The host is a maker of throwing axes in his forge shop. I will teach you how to hand and power scrape, level and align a lathe, check, straighten, scrape and set a tapered gib, how to 1/2 moon oil flake, learn about lubrication systems, how to install spindle bearings and several tricks of the trade of machine tool rebuilding. PM me if your interested or email me at Richard@handscraping.com PS: All former and the new students, we will have a swap meet on Sunday afternoon, so bring anything you would like to sell or barter with. Rich

H8Allegheny
05-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Boy, I would absolutely love to attend one of your courses, but you're holding this one on the wrong coast. Any chance of setting up a course in the Boston area in the next few years?

Thanx,
Brian
Taxachusetts

Richard King
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
I have several people interested in a class on the East coast especially in NY, but no one has come forward to be the host The host has to have a small shop about the size of a 3 car garage with a granite surface plate, a big HD 4 x 8 Table, good lighting, it would be nice if you have a lathe or mill so we could do demo's and touch ups on them if needed, heater or AC depending on temp, etc.. Remember the Host gets the training for free, accept he/she needs to help promote it, organize the shop, build a table, etc. You can PM me or write me at Richard@Handscraping.com We have 2 Hosts ready to do a class in IA and WI, but we lack enough students. Like I said, we have 2 or 3 from NY express interest, 2 in Texas, 2 in CO. so if anyone can help and pass the word we can do one just about anywhere. Thanks. Rich