PDA

View Full Version : Missed the N.A.M.E.S. Show Damnit!

flylo
04-21-2013, 09:12 AM
As some of you know I lost me old dog Buster last year & a good friend of mine hooked me up with a real German Shepard police pup. Very smart dog with the heart of a kitten in Godzilla's body. Anyway about 6 weeks ago I had him on a 20' leash when for some reason he turned ran right at me & nailed me on the side of the ankle. Since then I couldn't put any weight on it & had togo back to my walker. In true man fashion I kept thinking it would get better. A week ago last weds I went to the Dr who drew blood & sent me for Xrays. When I got home I had a message to call the DR who said don't pack a bag, don't go to the local Hosp go to Kalaamazoo it's a matter of life & death. Got there they were waiting. Turned out the bone was broken & most of it eaten with infection, them Mersa on top of that.8 days ,3 surgeries & 1/3 of my my foot cut off & I'm home layed up for 6 weeks. This really sucks. Then claimed I'd have been dead the next day. Moral of the story don't be like me & go to the DR when needed. Now I'm ole 9 toes. I had met a new friend & really was looking forward to seeing my 1st show. Oh well I'm glad to be alive. Dr Stan & I were discussing how we wanted to slide into home with prety much nothing left well I seem to to be doing my part! LOL:p

Tony Ennis
04-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Holy cow man, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

1-800miner
04-21-2013, 09:41 AM
I can't imagine you slowing down until they put you in the box.
I bet you are looking for machinery deals while you are healing up.
Which, I hope,happens soon.

flylo
04-21-2013, 09:57 AM
6 weeks in home antibiotics & I should be fine but I was off my feet for almost year when I broke my back & had to learn to walk again. This sh*ts getting old. But I need to quit b*tching & be thankful. I'm blessed & have had a blast & plan to continue. Sorry for the whining!:(

jmarkwolf
04-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Glad to hear you're on the mend.

That was a close one!

rmuell01
04-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Sir John? (eating popcorn smiley)

John Stevenson
04-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Clumsy bastard

3 surgeries & 1/3 of my my foot cut off

That should please the missus, only having a foot and a half.

Black Forest
04-21-2013, 12:54 PM
My what a pansy. Only three surgeries and 1/3 of a foot gone and you didn't go to the show. Not much dedication I'd say. Good thing you didn't go to a vet. He would of put you down.

At least this might give a few of members a chance to snap up some deals before you get to them.

Glad you got to the doc in time. We would miss your sorry ass around here.

flylo
04-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Dumb*ss German Dog:rolleyes: I still have no idea what he say or why he did that but he sure has a hard head!

sasquatch
04-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Geez, sorry to hear that flylo,,(i can just see it now, Flylo trying to sell the docs a machine, asking the nurses and staff if they knew of any old lathes/milling machines sitting around for sale ?) Lol

Good to hear you are on the mend anyway, and back here posting again!!--(Did you get any deals on any of the stainless hospital shelving or cupboards etc ?)

flylo
04-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Thats funny as I have the infectious diesese doc & the plastic surgeon both wanting my Bonanza airplane!

jmarkwolf
04-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Thats funny as I have the infectious diesese doc & the plastic surgeon both wanting my Bonanza airplane!

Plastic surgeon???

You got a face lift too? :)

flylo
04-21-2013, 03:37 PM
There wasn't enought "meat" to sew it shut as they opened it up like a pc of pita bread to look for more damage/infection, so the plastic surgeon took about a 6"x8" off my upper thigh wrapped & closed it with that. If I hadn't made it I was hoping one of you guys got mt Pacemaker Lathe,

John Stevenson
04-21-2013, 04:51 PM
If I hadn't made it I was hoping one of you guys got mt Pacemaker Lathe,

Bugger off, shift your own junk ! ;)

chipmaker4130
04-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Flylo, in your original post I got the impression that by 'nailed' you meant bitten but in post #9 it sounds like the dog just ran into you. Wife and I were wondering how you got the infection. How's the dog treating you these days?

flylo
04-21-2013, 06:35 PM
He just ran into me with his hard pointed head & broke that horiz bone on the outside of the foot. We get along great except he can be a handful because he's so stong, young & gets exited & i'm not too mobile. He's a great dog.