PDA

View Full Version : Practical Machinist site down?

olcop
05-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Haven't been able to access it all day, just wondering---hate to mention it on this site, but, I'd like to know.
Thanks
olcop:rolleyes:

ormachine
05-03-2013, 09:14 PM
maintenance.

Ron

KIMFAB
05-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Just checked and it's working

doctor demo
05-03-2013, 09:16 PM
I read a post over there yesterday that it was going to be down for a day or more.

Steve

Glug
05-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I read a post over there yesterday that it was going to be down for a day or more.

Their system is probably overloaded banning new users who just tried to register.

Lew Hartswick
05-03-2013, 10:11 PM
On the other hand, who cares? :-)
...lew...

coldformer
05-03-2013, 10:14 PM
not a bad place once you get the jerks on your ignore list

oxford
05-03-2013, 11:05 PM
not a bad place once you get the jerks on your ignore list

Like the owner:rolleyes:

J. Randall
05-03-2013, 11:42 PM
You guys keep it up and George will close this thread, he has stated repeatedly he doesn't like PM bashing here. I have been a member there also for yrs. and have no problem with Don or the site.
James

.RC.
05-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Yes everyone should learn to hate everyone equally, rather then be biased about it..... :D

big job
05-04-2013, 05:38 AM
On the other hand, who cares? :-)
...lew...

second that, I registered there years ago and was banned before I could post or
reply anything. I suspect some sneak spyied on me an found I run an old school
machine shop (business certified) so Im not a button pusher -no loss-

Rosco-P
05-04-2013, 06:22 AM
reply anything. I suspect some sneak spyied on me an found I run an old school

Think your assumptions are dead wrong. Though the site owner and it's moderators are quick to close down threads with meaningless titles like "Guess what I did today...", production shops, big, small, manual machines and CNC are all welcome. Plus there are sub forums for antique machines, SouthBend and heavy iron.

GEP
05-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Hey Big Job
I am on PM never had any problems. I am not a button pusher either. Oh noticed in some job advertisements some employers are looking for old school guys.
I think the young bucks dont know where to start if they dont have buttons

Zero_Divide
05-04-2013, 06:41 AM
Hey Big Job
I am on PM never had any problems. I am not a button pusher either. Oh noticed in some job advertisements some employers are looking for old school guys.
I think the young bucks dont know where to start if they dont have buttons

Tell me about it.
Shop i work for is trying to hire a manual machinist.
So supervisor intentionally gives applicants dull drills for their practical test. Just to see if guys would be smart enough to sharpen it.

So one guy come up to him and says "can i get a sharp drill bit?"
- Sharpen it your self.
-Uhh, i can't, nobody showed.
-See ya.

Btw. PM is a good place to learn how the professional guys do it. All one needs to do is behave ....professionally and he'll be fine.

Machtool
05-04-2013, 07:17 AM
reply anything.
Are you absolutly sure of that? I could have swown I've seen you active there. I cant check right now as P.M is down again for maintenance.

But when it gets back up, what do you think the chances are I'll find multiple post's of you're there? Posting rather than this claim you have made that you were cut off at the knees and never got the chance to make a post? I remember you.

You are aware, Don never deletes anything, just lock's them. I'll bet I find a little "big job" action there tommorow when it comes back on-line. What you are suffering is called Dr. Stan / Carl D phobia.They still have no idea why they we banned.

It all works in swings and roundabouts.

Gary 350 who I belive was banned fron here, is semi active at P.M. It wont supprise any one from here that his most active thread is yet another EBay jihad.

vpt
05-04-2013, 08:15 AM
I don't mind the place. When I first got my lathe I signed up there as well as here and just found the group here was more "me". I have nothing against anyone anywhere. Its all machining, turning knobs, pushing buttons, cutting metal. Personalities are just part of big groups of people.

big job
05-04-2013, 08:25 AM
I dont know? I do know I am not a wise guy, old enough to know better. And
I have never been on the PM forum. Again since day one I registered and
re registered and If I try to reply It says I do not have sufficient privledges or
my account may has been deactivated. Why? I was never given a chance. All I
am allowed, is to read posts. And what really ticked me, some time ago, someone
had a question of change gears on a war baby Atlas lathe. He got replyed
that this is a professional machinist forum, we do not machine with toys you
belong on some Hobby sites, so his post was removed. Ya gotta be kidding.
There are times, I really want to speak to someone on that site, but can not.
Although I can sign in & it says thank you for signing in on the sign in screen.
I have pleasure trying to help those who want to learn. So thats about it.
While on the subject, this site down the bottom "You may not post attachments"
and why not. Pics are a thousand words. Also I will try to copy what it says
when I try to post or reply ....

Machtool
05-04-2013, 08:29 AM
I suspect some sneak spyied on me an found I run an old school
In all honesty, just how do you figure some sneak spyied (S.P) spied on you? Surely thats not the P.M secrect ninja squad. The secret green button Ninja's.

Your story is laughable.

Machtool
05-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I dont know
I have never been on the PM forum. Again since dayone I registered and
re row? I do know I am not a wise guy, old enough to know better. And registered and If I try to reply It says I do not have sufficient privledges or my account may has been deactivated.
That to me sounds like you haven't logged in. No one deactivated your account. Here or P.M. Whinging about it here or there with out that little tit bit of information is only going to cause a SH1TE fight.

P.

Tony Ennis
05-04-2013, 08:43 AM
PM's working for me, and it's fast.

Machtool
05-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I have never been on the PM forum.
That’s not what you said:

I registered there years ago and was banned before I could post or reply anything.
Which one was it? You have never been there, or you were registered and then banned before you ever got to shoot a line over the bow.

Or you just forgot how to log in? But regardlees your happy to tell some bad luck story against P.M?

Phil.