PDA

View Full Version : Hi all: Duck dynasty:

wtrueman
05-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Very off topic: My only comment if you have not seen it... It's family! Ok, most of it is hokey, but the premiss is funny and there is NO swearing and it is suited for all family levels. Wayne.

flylo
05-09-2013, 02:33 AM
I've only seen it once but I read the Bio on him. He's truely a blessed man. And I love the ZZ Topp look!

KiddZimaHater
05-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Sorry, but I can't watch these so-called 'Reality' TV shows.
After the first season, these shows become scripted B.S. with pretend in-fighting and made-up, phony drama.

JoeLee
05-09-2013, 07:24 AM
After the first season, these shows become scripted B.S. with pretend in-fighting and made-up, phony drama.

Agreed 100%

JL......................

vpt
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Duck dynasty is one of my must watch shows. The one with the bees and the one with the handcuffs are hilarious!

BigBoy1
05-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Since they are very cheap to make, no real actors or stages or fabricated sets, this is what the future of TV programming is going to look like!

Rustybolt
05-09-2013, 08:23 AM

Dit-to

flylo
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
I hardly ever watch TV but caught one show & read his bio. I guess he was headingdown the wrong road then got turned around, invented a duck call & made the big time. He has a Masters in English as well. It seems hunting & shooting are bring hyped like other sports are.

Black Forest
05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
What are you all referring to? For those of us outside the US Duck Dynasty means nothing as I am sure it means nothing to many in the US!

flylo
05-09-2013, 12:27 PM
www.duckcommander.com

mikem
05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
It is a show about two brothers and their children--all with long hair and beards. They look somewhat like homeless people, but are really millionaires living Louisianna back country with their families. The women are alot better looking than the guys, which usually means the men have money. Better entertainment than oprah and but less fun than Pawnstars.

J. Randall
05-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Very off topic: My only comment if you have not seen it... It's family! Ok, most of it is hokey, but the premiss is funny and there is NO swearing and it is suited for all family levels. Wayne.

The way you worded that, I first thought you meant they were your family. I saw a few minutes of it once when my son had it on, wasn't impressed.
James

bob ward
05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
If you want to know just how cynically and manipulatively the Pop Idol etc genre of reality TV shows is put together read Ben Elton's 'Chart Throb'. Revealing, incisive and very funny.

legendboy
05-09-2013, 08:44 PM

I agree but my one exception are the shows about gold mining

wtrueman
05-10-2013, 02:33 AM
J. Randell : I find the bros funny.. I would rather have these guys argueing with the rest of the family than going out and doing something stupid. they may rich BUT they enjoy themselves and Also put up with uncle Si. Wayne.

j king
05-10-2013, 04:36 AM
I think they're entertaining . Good clean fun.Good family togetherness at the end of every show.I think it's refreshing . Trying to show some family morals.

vpt
05-10-2013, 07:21 AM
I agree, good family values and morals. I don't watch many shows but Duck Dynasty is one of the few. I am the outdoorsy type myself and can relate to much of it.

Boucher
05-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Don't clutter up a machinist forum with junk like this. If you are going to put the OT in the title.

vpt
05-10-2013, 08:22 AM
There is drilling, lathe work, and presses used in Duck Dynasty.