PDA

View Full Version : 12" sticky discs recommendation

j king
05-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey guys. Has anyone found any 12" sticky discs that hold up well on steel that they can recommend ? Also want to order a few 4" belts too. I bought a few dozen or so a few years ago and they were ok but can't remember where on the net I bought them . Really need to get better organized on this type of stuff. It's hell getting old. Thanks. Jim

Bill Pace
05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
I like this guy - get my belts & discs from him.

http://www.supergrit.com/

wierdscience
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
I buy mine from McMaster,the Blue Zircon discs they sell are excellent.Extra heavy weight cloth backing and some completely wicked glue.It's good they last as long as they do,changing them is a PITA.

flylo
05-22-2013, 01:36 AM
I've got a 15" State but I have a full box of paper 25 but they glue on. Now that's a PITA!:(

KyMike
05-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Bought a couple of the self-adhesive blue cloth zircon disks from Grainger and so far they seem to be a good disk, except that the so-called self adhesive soon loses its grip and allows the disk to curl up even after repeated cleanings of the backing plate with MEK. I finally glued it on with contact cement, no idea how I'm going to get it off again when the time comes to change disks.

Mike