PDA

View Full Version : Vacuoline 1409

atty
05-25-2013, 11:02 PM
I know this has been brought up in a multitude of threads, but I never followed them to their end. I'm talking about the "good stuff" with the original tackifiers and not the re-formulated Vactra #2.

It seems that a lot of us would like to get our hands on this stuff, but very few can use a 5 gal. pail, or even a gal. I checked with our local oil distributor Thurs (5/23), and he says he can deliver it in hand for about $120 for 5 gal. That brings the delivered price to $24/gal. in Kingman, Az. I can speak for 2 gal., but once I start thinking about containers and shipping, the cost gets out of hand. My thought was to score a gal. or so for personal use and then get this to the forum members that might want to stock up, but I was not trying to create a "For Sale" thread. Fortunately, I own a boxing and shipping business, so UPS/FedEx/USPS would be at cost, but even then, it might get pricey.

Obviously, I would try to utilize Flat Rate, if possible to hold down the shipping side of the formula. Just trying to gauge if there's enough interest to unload that extra 3 gal. at cost.

Should I take a dive at the 5 gal.?

Glug
05-26-2013, 09:27 AM
What's the issue with the re-form vactra?

crrmeyer
05-26-2013, 10:20 AM
I know this has been brought up in a multitude of threads, but I never followed them to their end. I'm talking about the "good stuff" with the original tackifiers and not the re-formulated Vactra #2.

It seems that a lot of us would like to get our hands on this stuff, but very few can use a 5 gal. pail, or even a gal. I checked with our local oil distributor Thurs (5/23), and he says he can deliver it in hand for about $120 for 5 gal. That brings the delivered price to $24/gal. in Kingman, Az. I can speak for 2 gal., but once I start thinking about containers and shipping, the cost gets out of hand. My thought was to score a gal. or so for personal use and then get this to the forum members that might want to stock up, but I was not trying to create a "For Sale" thread. Fortunately, I own a boxing and shipping business, so UPS/FedEx/USPS would be at cost, but even then, it might get pricey.

Obviously, I would try to utilize Flat Rate, if possible to hold down the shipping side of the formula. Just trying to gauge if there's enough interest to unload that extra 3 gal. at cost.

Should I take a dive at the 5 gal.?

I would be interested in buying a gallon of Vacuoline 1409. I am in So Cal.

Guido
05-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Email and proposal, sent to your inbox.

Thanks.

--G

atty
05-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all the interest, guys. If we can get a gallon size jug in a Medium Flat Rate, then we're about $12. If not, then the UPS charge will be about $15. All this is assuming I can come up with gallon jugs somewhere. And to think of all those gallon oil jugs I pitched on the last oil change. In any event, it looks like I'll have about 2 weeks to come up with a solution. I'll put the order in on Tues.

Thanks for the responses. It's good to know I won't be swimming in 5 gal. of Way Oil.

By the by, Glug, in answer to your question, and I say this with great reservation 'cause it can set off a firestorm of discussion, Vactra #2 is just fine, but some of us prefer the old version that has the original tackifiers. It sticks to the ways better.

lazlo
05-27-2013, 01:41 PM
If anyone in Central Texas is interested, I'm almost out of my 2 gallons...

CCWKen
05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about some kind of marital aid. :eek:

Black_Moons
05-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Look in the phonebooks under plastics.
You can get new 1gallon (HDPE, or whatever strikes your fancy) jugs for a couple bucks each. Where do you think *everyone else* gets those jugs?

lakeside53
05-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Can you ship oil (flamable) liquids in USPS flat rate boxes? Last I ordered from Enco this type of product had to go by ground.

atty
05-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Can you ship oil (flamable) liquids in USPS flat rate boxes? Last I ordered from Enco this type of product had to go by ground.

Word has it that you can ship a lot of "prohibited/restricted" items as long as you don't tell anybody :)

WhatTheFlux!
05-28-2013, 01:29 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about some kind of marital aid. :eek:

It is a sort of lube...