PDA

View Full Version : WOW, Autosave feature is the best!!

becksmachine
07-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Was typing a response to the water pump thread, had it all done and hit the newly programmed button on the trackball to submit and, wait for it, POOF, all electrons scrambled into oblivion.

Hmm, yes, I remember now, that is just what it is programmed to do. :(

Okay, nothing to do but start over and retype, which is definitely an onerous burden for a typist with newly diagnosed Parkinsons.

Get the 3rd sentence done and notice a little box that says, "restore auto-saved content". What's this?? :confused:

There, just tried it again and it works!! Miracle of modern technology!! Kudos to those responsible!! :)

Dave

Arthur.Marks
07-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Haha! Yes, it has saved me in the past too. BUT on at least one occassion it inexplicably didn't :( So appreciate it when it works, but don't get mad when it doesn't :)

sch
07-21-2013, 05:33 PM
PM and HSM BB both tend to time out if you type more than 2-3 sentences, and log you off. I have been using the copy function to save posts but the auto saved works similarly,
a nice addition.

MichaelP
07-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Dave,

I'm trying to find the Restore box. Where is it?

Thank you.

Mike

becksmachine
07-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Dave,

I'm trying to find the Restore box. Where is it?

Thank you.

Mike

Ok, I can tell you where it is for me at least. I don't know if it is different with different browsers or ??

Click on the reply button which should take you to a "quick reply" text box.

Then start typing your message. I am not sure how many lines or characters you have to enter before a momentary message flashes in the lower right co (there, it just did) corner of the text box saying "auto saved". I looked for a preference that would let you enable/disable the feature, or change how often it happens but I couldn't find anything, maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself can add something here?

Then close the window, which would normally delete all the typing you did.

Then navigate back to the thread that you were originally replying to and again click on the reply button. The resulting "quick reply" text box" should have a small window in the lower left corner saying "restore auto-saved content". Click on that and VOILA.

Dave