PDA

View Full Version : CT Antique Machinery Association Show

Errol Groff
09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Photos and video from this past weekend's show in Kent CT.

http://neme-s.org/2013/CAMA_Fall_2013/connecticut_antique_machinery_as.htm

While I am at it let me express my thanks for all the nice comments I receive concerning the NEMES web site. As you might imagine there is a lot of effort and cost in running the site and your support is valued and appreciated.

OTOH, driving all over New England and half way across the country is a grand excuse for not staying home and doing "useful" household chores

Errol Groff

gambler
09-30-2013, 07:39 PM
awesome, thanks for sharing those pictures.

bruto
09-30-2013, 08:33 PM
There's some nice stuff there. Somewhere down among all the little green machines is a Bolens "Versa-Matic" just like one I once had. I had a harrow and a plow and a sickle bar that broke almost daily for mine. Unfortunately it also had horribly worn sprockets, and I sold it to an enthusiast for what I'd paid for it: 50 bucks.

Errol Groff
09-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Is the Bolens the white one with the red seat? If so there was a little guy, maybe 7 years old, admiring it just before I took the picture. He turned to his dad and said "look Dad, it's articulated". Wow, a big word from a little kid.

Errol

Don Young
09-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the photos! Lots of interesting machinery there.

bruto
10-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Is the Bolens the white one with the red seat? If so there was a little guy, maybe 7 years old, admiring it just before I took the picture. He turned to his dad and said "look Dad, it's articulated". Wow, a big word from a little kid.

ErrolThe Bolens I was thinking of actually says "Bolens Versamatic" on it, and it's a green walk-behind machine with a hood and grille. Under the hood and grille, at least on mine, which may have been a size smaller, lurked a plain 3-horse cast iron Briggs and Stratton, but it looked nice.