PDA

View Full Version : this forum and how to use it

decoy91288
05-05-2001, 11:09 AM
I am no doubt revealing the depths of my ignorance here, but, I do not know how to use this BBS forum. Ken S posted a response referencing his web site and stating it was available with his profile. I cannot find a way to see any profile other than my own and therefore cannot see the web site referenced. The FAQ page has no help in this regard.

------------------
Craig

John Stevenson
05-05-2001, 05:24 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by decoy91288:
I am no doubt revealing the depths of my ignorance here, but, I do not know how to use this BBS forum. Ken S posted a response referencing his web site and stating it was available with his profile. I cannot find a way to see any profile other than my own and therefore cannot see the web site referenced. The FAQ page has no help in this regard.

</font>

Craig above the post there are a number of Icons.

From left to right they are a face with a question mark, a page with a pen and a page with an arrow. The first one is the persons profile, second is an edit icon so you can edit your own post and lastly is a reply with quote icon. That's what this post is.
Hope this is clear and don't worry we all had to start somewhere

------------------
Regards,
John Stevenson,
Nottingham, England

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 05-05-2001).]

BigDave
08-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Craig,

I own and am the administrator of a bulletin board system that also uses the same software as this one, which is Ultimate Bulletin Board.

Any questions you have, ask, as I know how to do all the trick stuff.

http://faucetcraft.com/jpgs/davert2.jpg

Oops, times to edit this post to actually answer your question. That is what the edit post icon is for.

You will see a list of icons at the top of each post. The far left one is the profile icon. It looks like this: http://216.122.36.241/ubb/profile.gif . Find a post by Ken and look for that icon and if Ken edited his profile to include his web site, you will see it listed.

[This message has been edited by BigDave (edited 08-12-2001).]