PDA

View Full Version : Mid-East Ohio Model Engineering Exposition

PS4steam
10-13-2013, 08:35 PM
HI

This is a great show, setup on the 18th and open to public on 19th. If you are in the Ohio area plan
on stopping by to check it out. I am coming in from Illinois.

http://www.deboltmachine.com/id37.html

Bob

Errol Groff
10-13-2013, 10:42 PM
I plan on being there, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Errol Groff

Ohio Mike
10-14-2013, 08:58 PM
I plan to show up. Had a good time there last year.

George Bulliss
10-15-2013, 07:57 AM
I made it there last year, but won't be able to get away for this year's event. Great show and a lot of fun.

jdunmyer
10-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I'll be there, with the Olds and Brian's Muley Sawmill in full operation.

George Bulliss
10-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Any reports on the show, photos?

Errol Groff
10-21-2013, 12:40 PM
We got home last evening and I am working on photos and video now from the show. I have a total of about 600 photos to deal with, not all from the model show but including pictures from the auto collection at the Western Reserve Museum, a used tool place in Euclid, and an antique equipment show in Carollton OH.

Have patience!

Errol Groff

George Bulliss
10-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Have patience!

Errol Groff

I suppose I can wait another day or two!

jdunmyer
10-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Doug Kelley had a neat little 2-cylinder opposed piston engine, I think he said the plans had been published in a magazine some years ago. Not a VP publication, but an engine-related mag.

One fella had a 12-cylinder flat (opposed cylinder) air-cooled engine that he extrapolated from Doug Dietrick's 4-cylinder design. When I first looked at it, I thought, "Hmm..double ignition system", then looked closer and saw that each spark plug was attached to an individual cylinder. Had to count a couple of times to be sure of what I was seeing. The owner told me that he ran an entire gallon of fuel through the thing initially. And didn't get a pop out of it! Took quite a lot of experimentation to get it running, including going from 6 carbs to only 2, but it starts and runs well now.

The local RC club always has a display. This year, the guys had a couple of very small quad-rotor helicopters with attached video cameras. Although there was no transmitter for real-time video, when they plugged the storage card into the computer, the pictures looked quite good. For only a hundred bucks or so!

Errol said:

We got home last evening and I am working on photos and video now from the show.

Errol,
Howcum you didn't stop by and say "Hi!"? I don't think I was napping during the day, as is my usual.. Ohio Mike & I had a short chat, but we had talked a bit at the Wauseon, OH steam show.

Or did we chat and you didn't introduce yourself?