PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know really know what time it is.

Edwin Dirnbeck
10-16-2013, 05:10 PM
If this has been talked about before , I couldnt find it.The members on this forum live all over the world. When I see a reply that is dated yesterday 10 40 pm what does this mean.Yesterday might mean 1 thing to me but another thing to someone in Australia or on the other side of the international dateline.It really gets frustrating when I am researching something on the web and I see and article about the new model 2009 ford and it is dated YESTERDAY . For this post what would be wrong with dating it 10-16-2013. 4.02 GMT or whenever it was posted. For those who might think no big deal or what does it mater. Well then why even put a time or date at all. Edwin

Arthur.Marks
10-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Scroll ALL the way to the bottom of your screen: "All times are GMT -5" Then the forum time ("actual time") is listed: "The time is now... " In other words, all times posted are listed by the US Central time zone--regardless of the local geographic time of the poster.

dp
10-16-2013, 05:54 PM
If you are not logged in then times are given for the location of the server. If you log in the times are what ever zone you have set in your profile. This presumes the server's clock is set correctly.

lane
10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Time is of the essence.Unless you are in a hurry to get some where . And even then you should have left an hour earlier. When I retire I will have no use for time . It is what it is nothing more.

Tor
10-16-2013, 07:01 PM
dp is correct. In case you are wondering, the forum likely stores all timestamps in one timezone (most likely UTC), and then when someone requests a page it converts that timestamp according to user setting (or forum default). You can see at the bottom just what that current setting is. Email can depend on your mail client settings, and timestamps in the headers are local time with UTC offset. My email client (Thunderbird) converts these into local time for display to me.

MaxHeadRoom
10-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Time increases at a rate exponentially with age anyway.
Max.

bighammer
10-16-2013, 07:14 PM
yous is all rong......i just asked my 3 dogs and they all said it is rite now!!!!