PDA

View Full Version : 20 yr. collection rex AAA ground tool bits, worth anything???

Mr.Machinist
10-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Probably 50 pieces 1/4 and 3/8 all kinds of angles ,threads, whatever , anybody want to make me a offer???? Very heavy to ship. rbudney@comcast.net

Boucher
10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
You need to read the forum rules at the top of the page. No for sale items permitted. That aside you should have no trouble selling them as they are much better than the foreign HSS now available.

CalM
10-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I'll trade ya!

A like number of mine for yours. descriptions match perfectly. I could use a little change now and again ;-))

jest teasing

Boucher
10-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Long ago I scored a box of cast off bits from an old machine shop. There is a lot to be gleaned from studying these old examples. Most are usable with a quick hone. It sure saves a lot of grinding time. Some of the new foreign bits are good some are not. The old Rex AAA are a known good quality. Even though I use a lot of insert tools the HSS works better in many HSM situations. I probably have more than I will ever need but I consider them an asset and am reluctant to part with them.