PDA

View Full Version : My buddy's Ford Ranger peeler.

wierdscience
04-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Need more power in your Ranger?Here's how-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5350&item=2473721416&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Its not me doing the discription,but a mutual friend.

wierdscience
04-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Clocks still off

debequem
04-18-2004, 06:15 AM
I bought a Ranger like that with a 302 and Bronco 4WD as the base.

Plenty of power, nice exhaust burble, even got stopped by the cops just so they could oggle at it, but I was happy to get rid of it at a loss.

While nicely done, it was not a lot of fun to drive as it was a little squirlly. The combination did not mix well. I have since bought a stock 4-cylinder Ranger and a 300 hp sports car. each performs fine in its own domain.

Marv

torker
04-18-2004, 07:57 AM
weird...whats up with the "Vortex Turbo" in the discription?

wierdscience
04-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Duno,have to ask him what the turbo thing is about.

He tells me that the only time the truck is squirly is in the rain,well duh!3'feet of rubber in the rear will do that to a fellow.

Plus the discription in no way tells all on the frame and suspension mods he did.The little truck has full torsion bars,its really rigid and all tires stay on the ground.

CCWKen
04-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Nice ride! A $20 headliner would have broken the buget, I guess. Is the truck done in pearl or metal flake? I'm confused with the "Flamboyance Tri-stage" statement and the left over "touch up" paint.

spope14
04-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Looks nice, must run great.

I am afraid I am a bit of a truck "user", for I would be real afraid with that rig to huck a load of firewood, fill it to groaning with rocks, haul ladders and paint and such, haul the monthly chip and short end load to the recycler, or haul it into the woods with my chainsaw to cut down trees......

I have a Ranger, but alas, it runs slow with the 3.3 litre engine and manual tranny with the lock in hubs, but it sure hauls stuff around.......

Someday I will buy or make its evil overspeed twin......

Good post, glad to see this rig, good work.....