PDA

View Full Version : einhell rotary tool

darryl
11-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Found a dremel-like tool in a thrift shop today, a BSG-30. Seemed to be ok, came with a flex shaft and lots of grinding points, stones, cutoff discs, and various other tooling. There was no reference to where it was made, but all the printing looks to be German or similar, maybe Swiss? Anyone have experience with one of these?

JoeEM
11-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Looks like they are german:
http://www.einhell.com/com_en/company/facts-figures.html

dian
11-10-2013, 12:44 PM
yes, they are german, but what do you think they sell? (it is the lowest level of tools on the planet.)

GEP
11-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey they got to be good there german made. If you look at them they look like a Dremel, Dremel is now Bosh

MrSleepy
11-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Einhell are german , but their tools are made in china.

I have one of their $60.00 multi function scraper tools , and to be fair its on par with the Bosch multiscraper tool.

But not in the same league as a Biax , as the sticker price fairly indicates.

Rob

darryl
11-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Well I played with it a bit- it's certainly nothing special. It works and the bearings aren't sloppy, so it is what it is. It will go in one of my hobby rooms, in keeping with the philosophy of every room having a full complement of tools. This room now has its own dremel-type tool. :)

boslab
11-10-2013, 06:25 PM
We see a lot of that make in the uk, to be fair they arent bad for the price, they do the job its just that they are a bit basic in construction, ive been using a chipping hammer of thiers for several years, it got a few hours workout this morning, no problem, strangely ive spent more in parts on a hilti than this thing cost!
Mark
Btw dremell collets fit them too!

darryl
11-10-2013, 08:46 PM
In the past several years, I've become very much 'brand-unloyal'- if the tool seems to work well it gets points, if it seems poor I don't care if it's a Rinorbi or a Botch or whatever, I'll skip it. I always keep an eye out for some of the older stuff that I know is good. Got a Makita circular saw awhile ago that looked all beat up, but it still runs better and smoother than some new pieces of junk. Bought a Makita corded drill- same thing. Those older ones were tough.