X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdndewey
    • Apr 2013

Looking for Info

Hello folks....looking for some info on a grinder a buddy of mine just picked up. I'm thinking it's some sort of tool and cutter grinder....it might even be a limited production thing.

I haven't got any pictures, so I'll try to explain it as best I can.

First off it's got a brass plate on it that says:

The Stevens Company of Galt
    High Grade Machine Tools
    Galt Ont

With a copper plate underneath it that has this stamped on it:

NO. 2
    3500 R.P.

It has a motor at the bottom of the pedestal and two arbors foe grinding wheels. The table is moveable in the X-Y-Z axis and the wheels are perpendicular to the table. The table also swings around. There is an attachment that bolts to the table that pivots in the centre and is adjustable on one end. The pedestal rotates about 1/3 of the way up and is inexed.

My buddy is hoping to find some literature on it. Any insight into this machine would be greatly appreciated.
  • sasquatch
    • May 2006

Have you tried googling the "Stevens Co" ? Seems there was a company (recent) that made drill bits and cutters right around that area.
    This is an interesting Canadian find for sure.

Comment

• cdndewey
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
      Have you tried googling the "Stevens Co" ? Seems there was a company (recent) that made drill bits and cutters right around that area.
      This is an interesting Canadian find for sure.
      Oh yeah for sure, no such luck. Found a little info on Stevens, but not what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X