PDA

View Full Version : A hole in the H2O, in which a man pours $$$

sandman2234
04-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Did some work for a guy, to get a boat trailer. Didn't need it, but a friend is always into boats and he and I like to barter back and forth.
The boat trailer has a boat sitting on it, upside down. It was being constructed by a man who passed away. I didn't know him. The boat has set outside for several years with a 10 cent tarp on it. Last year or so with nothing. It was being built for an inboard and is about 22'long.Basically just like an upside down bathtub.
Anybody want it?
No garuntees, no warranty. I just hate to make firewood out of so much work.
David from jax

Spin Doctor
04-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Burn, baby Burn

CCWKen
04-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I've got a fiber glass tri-hull sitting in my reclaimation area. The same deal goes here. Except there's no trailer.

wierdscience
04-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately the trailer is worth more than the boat,take it down to the water and give it a proper Viking funeral http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Evan
04-24-2004, 01:26 AM
"proper Viking funeral"...

When I was an extra in The Thirteenth Warrior we did the funeral scene where they burn the boat. They splashed about ten gallons of diesel on the prop boat and then lit it. Well, ****! It burned like a firestorm and all the name actors were way too close and some of us extras too. We all tried to walk backwards without looking like we were trying to avoid being barbequed and tripping over a rock behind us since there was absoulutely no way of retaking the scene. I'm sure that some of the Swedish actors got a bit of a flash heat burn from that.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 04-24-2004).]

WJHartson
04-24-2004, 04:32 AM
Put a "FOR STEAL" sign on it and see if anybody will take it.

Joe

suprdvn
04-24-2004, 09:32 AM
I once put an unwanted item at the road. Wrote "FREE" on scrap of plywood. Propped the sign up with a rock.
When I came home the item was gone as well as the sign and the rock. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

Evan
04-24-2004, 11:45 AM
In Berkeley the grass between the sidewalk and the street is the "free" zone. If you put !anything! there it will be gone shortly.

sandman2234
04-24-2004, 09:49 PM
I live at the end of a long dead end street. Almost no traffic.
Guess it will burn soon. Trailer is spoken for.
David from Jax

jim davies
04-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Guy I work with inherited a steel flower on a box. Someone's "craft" effort. Tried selling itat a garage sale, then giving it away but no takers. Finally, in desperation he carved "beulah flower" on the box and set it out on the street hoping it would get stolen. Days later it was still there, but when he looked at it several people had put coins in a crack in the box which sorta looked like a change slot.