Clear All
  • SGW
    • Apr 2001

Siemens apprentceship program

----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie
  • j king
    • Apr 2003

I have been down to the new Charlotte shop and worked in the older Westinghouse shop.If your in the area it is very impressive .I would recommend this company to someone looking to get into the plant type job.
    I toured the new shop for the Ct turbines and I couldn't believe the machines that they had installed.Alot of old American iron that was completely redone with Siemens cnc controllers.It was basically the original castings with everything else replaced.Talked with a plant person and he said they can't find newer machines that have the mass and rigidity they wanted.It was cool.
    Last edited by j king; 11-30-2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• boslab
      • Dec 2007

I personally hate siemens S5 plcs, and S7 for that matter, German bodgeneering at its best, give me a Mitsibushi FX anyday
      Mark

Comment

• MaxHeadRoom
        • Apr 2010

Back in the 70's Siemens realized that there was a gap between the Engineer and the tradesman. IOW there was a lack of Technicians, those that had the necessary smarts, and were willing to work at the shop floor level to design and maintain the electronics used in current manufacturing etc.
        To this end, they started schools in order to train future Technicians capable of the task, Just as the principle of European apprenticeship training produced skilled tradesmen.
        Max .

Comment

Working...
        X