PDA

View Full Version : Which zerk(s) for the saddle/knee ways on round head Millrite

softtail
12-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Hello all. I finally made up an oiler and started purging the zerks on my Millrite. I got plenty of old gunk coming out at all the interfaces, but I haven't been able to get any purge at the saddle/knee either front/rear or left/right. Anyone know which zirk(s) actually go to that area?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Amick
12-15-2013, 09:22 PM
I just had mine totally apart. Your question is a little confusing though. When you say saddle/knee .. that sort of infers front to rear. And the saddle/table infers left to right .. right ?

oh when you say round head .. do you mean MVI ?

But to give you some sort of an answer .. did you try pulling the zerk out and
putting the air gun to it .. (the zerk AND the hole)

Mike A

softtail
12-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Its an MVN and I'm talking about the saddle/knee ways (y axis). I say I'm not getting any purge to the left or right because I don't know if they are both serviced by one zerk or if there are two (one on each side). I don't have air and all the zerks seem to be letting oil through just fine. I'm curious if I may have one sheared off flush that I can't see.

Mike Amick
12-16-2013, 02:26 AM
I'll check mine out tomorrow and let you know.

johnnyd
12-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Some of the zerks supply lubricant to more than one surface.
Unfortunately, I don't remember which ones.

John

softtail
12-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Ok thanks guys. I was wondering if some zerks went to multiple areas. I'm guessing the two zerks that get the table/saddle also get the saddle/knee.

Mike it would be great if you let me know.. then I can concentrate my efforts on the correct zerk instead of shooting oil where it isn't needed.

Thanks,

Mike

softtail
12-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Some of the zerks supply lubricant to more than one surface.
Unfortunately, I don't remember which ones.
John
Thread resurrection. The zerks on either side of the saddle..one forward, one back do indeed service both the table/saddle and saddle/knee. Bit of a design flaw imo as the oil really wants to go up as the lower holes have quite a bit more weight stacked on them.. the smallest bit of congealed crud will plug them while oil flows freely up and out. The oil delivery is also not well dispersed.

Mike Amick
12-14-2016, 01:17 AM
Holy crap Softtail ..

I see I never got back to you .. so sorry about that.

Ya must have gotten/had your machine apart. Soooo fun. I really enjoyed doing mine.

What are you using for your oil gun ? Doc posted about one a while back .. I need to find something
that doesn't leak all over the place.

Lew Hartswick
12-14-2016, 08:08 AM
What are you using for your oil gun ? Doc posted about one a while back .. I need to find something
that doesn't leak all over the place.
Good luck with that. Every "oil"gun and even all the grease guns I've ever seen leak . :-(
...lew...

softtail
12-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Mike, no problem. As you can see it wasn't very time sensitive! I just did the typical mods to a run of the mill grease gun. Didn't leak for a number of years, but now it does.. not in use, just when it's sitting. I'll consider it a 'fun' project when it's all back together. As of now I've had my fill of ancient stinking grease.