PDA

View Full Version : Name change

John Stevenson
12-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Greetings,

In the run up to the Christmas festivities I would like it know that I have changed my name from Sir John, Earl of Bridgeport and Sudspumpwater to just plain Mohammad Bridgeport.

This change of faith is only for the festive season so I don't have to send any cards or presents out.

Normal service will resume in the new year.

lost_cause
12-18-2013, 08:37 PM
and that's all it took for the nsa to officially start following this thread...

mike4
12-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Sense of humour required at this time of year!!!!!

To the newly converted make sure that your prayer mat is facing the correct way and beware of knocks on your doors a 2-00am in the morning , keep a few buckets of herrings ready for the visiting seals.

Michael

brian Rupnow
12-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Merry festive occasion with no religious affiliation, Mohammad!!!---Brian

firbikrhd1
12-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Be careful, you'll be labeled a terrorist.
Happy Festivus!

mike4
12-18-2013, 08:50 PM
I thought that he already was giving metal bits a hard time !

And has quite a global reputation.

Michael

motorworks
12-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Fine by me....
Quick story...teacher friend teaching Kindergarten had a little boy "of other faith".
Asked his parents for him to take his fav toy after xmas in to fit in with the after xmas show an tell...
The boy stood up with toy in hand and said : " I did not get this for YOUR xmas, I did not get this from YOUR Santa Claus...and mama say you all burn in the fire!"
kids...never know what they will say
ps Merry Xmas Mohammad Bridgeport

J Tiers
12-18-2013, 10:21 PM
and that's all it took for the nsa to officially start following this thread...

We can make it more interesting for them... but they have already been here. We talk in a strange code here, mighty suspicious, and we can make things, even more suspicious.

Insh'alla they will soon forget about us.

TGTool
12-18-2013, 10:38 PM
I recall hearing a story that during the 60's the FBI had informers in various leftist student organizations. They were taking names of people to watch but there was one character referenced from time to time that they could never get a line on. It turned out they were trying to hunt down a mysterious Dr. Nair. Apparently their vocabulary wasn't big enough to recognize "doctrinaire".

These days are probably no different. If we're talking about something the spooks don't understand it's likely on the list as subversive.

doctor demo
12-18-2013, 11:04 PM
In the run up to the Christmas I have changed my name to Mohammad Bridgeport.
This change of faith is so I don't have to send any cards or presents out.

Clumsy Mohamstard

Steve

WhatTheFlux!
12-18-2013, 11:13 PM
We can make it more interesting for them... but they have already been here. We talk in a strange code here, mighty suspicious, and we can make things, even more suspicious.

Insh'alla they will soon forget about us.

Lets see, we have a gun-MAKING forum.... we routinely discuss explosives, things that could explode, things that sometimes explode, how not to get exploded by your lathe while polishing stock, and so on so forth. Hell at least one of us has a GIANT FRIPPING LASER (macona) and Evan more than likely has his own source of nuclear material.

So yeah the NSA has an entire megacluster dedicated to tracking all of us and what goes on here. Not because they are afraid of us -- no because they will NEED OUR HELP to save the world someday. :)

flylo
12-18-2013, 11:17 PM
I didn't get a present when you were Sir John:confused: Guess I'm really screwed now, eh?

darryl
12-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Gee, just when I was hoping Sir J would kindly feel like sending me a Clumsy brand homemade de-brrring tool as a festive season gift. It's cold here.

WhatTheFlux!
12-19-2013, 12:00 AM
If I get back into homebrew I'm going to make a Clumsy Bastard Sudwater Ale, inspired by Sir John.

mike4
12-19-2013, 12:18 AM
As long as he doesnt start sending small packages of swarf in the mail .
Michael

gcude
12-19-2013, 12:42 AM
No need to change your name. A simple "Bah, Humbug!" would get your point across. :)

boslab
12-19-2013, 06:10 AM
That would have to be a bah halal humbug, you should have converted to Jedi like the rest of us in the UK during the last census, yes loads did, in 100 years when the census is released there will be a religious group Jedi in the official stats!, along with witches and so on
Mark

EVguru
12-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Lets see, we have a gun-MAKING forum.... we routinely discuss explosives, things that could explode, things that sometimes explode, how not to get exploded by your lathe while polishing stock, and so on so forth. Hell at least one of us has a GIANT FRIPPING LASER (macona) and Evan more than likely has his own source of nuclear material.

So yeah the NSA has an entire megacluster dedicated to tracking all of us and what goes on here. Not because they are afraid of us -- no because they will NEED OUR HELP to save the world someday. :)

If you want to avoid being tracked on-line, just change your name to 'Diana Conspiracy'!

browne92
12-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Wait a minute! I thought it was "Bligeport". This is all very confusing. POS Internet.

A.K. Boomer
12-19-2013, 10:03 AM
I believe we all just got "screwged"

Tony
12-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Always wondered what the "M" in M-head stood for.

bborr01
12-19-2013, 10:41 AM
John,

I will always just think of you as "Sir Bridgeport".

Brian

Tilaran
12-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Praize Wally ! I too have converted.
Call me Ahkmed Hydjerdaughterz.

malbenbut
12-19-2013, 11:33 AM
I am undecided between Roger MacHunt and Mahatma Coat for a name change.
MBB

LKeithR
12-19-2013, 12:28 PM
As long as he doesnt start sending small packages of swarf in the mail...

Funny...now the NSA folk are going to be scrambling to figure out what kind of nasty stuff we're talking about...

Black Forest
12-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Funny...now the NSA folk are going to be scrambling to figure out what kind of nasty stuff we're talking about...

You're from Langley. You know all about all of us already!

Alistair Hosie
12-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Haven't you got enough problems John er I mean mohammed elijah stevenson.LOL Alistair ps you'll be rubbing on the boot black next.

loose nut
12-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Sense of humour required at this time of year!!!!!

l

Not bloody likely, he's a cheap bastard and completely serious.

Black Forest
12-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Not bloody likely, he's a cheap bastard and completely serious.

I agree with you. John is such a tighta$$ that when he farts it comes out his ears.

Zadig
12-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Greetings,

In the run up to the Christmas festivities I would like it know that I have changed my name from Sir John, Earl of Bridgeport and Sudspumpwater to just plain Mohammad Bridgeport.

This change of faith is only for the festive season so I don't have to send any cards or presents out.

I'd skirt Woolwich for a few days.

mike4
12-20-2013, 02:13 AM
BF,
If he is as tight as you say he would possibly even recycle them, ( the farts), as fuel for his Donald!!!!!

Michael

darryl
12-20-2013, 02:28 AM
Hmm, maybe that's what the breather tube is really for-

John Stevenson
01-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Thank Christ that's over.
It's been a very trying time, sand in my boots, sand in my hair or what's left of it , sand behind my............ - no we won't go there.

Then to add insult to injury some Ijit over on the Model Engineering forum in a posten titled "What have you been doing " proceeded to harp on about having this bacon sarnie and then another Ijit even put a picture on of 4 rashers frying in a pan.

God or rather Mohammed as it was at the time, my faith was sorely tempted.

Plus I missed out posted the modern version of the Christmas story, been on here before but always better after a few relevant name changes.

lakeside53
01-01-2014, 07:45 PM
OK, so tell us more. Where did you go to get the sand in those places?

darryl
01-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Twas the first of the new year, and all through the shed
Not one machine stirring, especially the M-head
The collets all sorted, the drill bits are racked
The scrap bin is filling, the pieces all hacked
Too cold to work, let's light up some feces (they burn them for heat over there, don't they?)
Pick out some material, some nice looking pieces
Chuck up a good one, tighten the jaws
This be a gift, one for SirJClause, (Earl of water, mohamadly pumping, suds and all)
Crank up the speed, mount a good cutter
Slather it all in some good pumpkin butter
Chips are a flyin', strings are emerging
Damn, now my shop needs a good purging
What shall I do- the bligehead starts thinken'
But then in a flash, his eye starts a winkin-
I'll bag this all up, send it to my HSM buds
It's All Non Returnable, now I'm goin for suds
Merrily he exclaimed, as the Donald went out of sight
I'm glad it's all over, and I'll sleep good tonight!

Doozer
01-01-2014, 08:01 PM
John-
You jokingly take on the name of a terrorist and think all is fun and well.
Well I think your casual joke is in bad taste. The people in the middle east
have been fighting for thousands of years. Then they decide to blow up
buildings in America. Any joke making light of a terrorist just sits wrong
with me. All the politically correct sheep say it is not the religion, that it
is a few people doing things in the name of religion. Well let me tell you,
it is a lot more than a few people who are terrorists. Yes Christians had
the crusades, and a lot of bad shlt happened because of it. But this
terrorist stiff is happening today, in my lifetime. You can make fun and
call yourself mohammad, thinking all is happy, and all religions should be
respected. But I take offense. I will not suffer anyone who thinks that
terrorism is a joke. No thank you sir. I am tired of people not taking 911
seriously. This forgive and forget shlt only goes so far. When they
crashed 4 of our airplanes and killed thousands of innocent people, I do
not forgive or forget that so easily. I interpret you wanting to be known
by the name mohammed as a mockery of the things terrorists did to my
country. If I am wrong, please set me straight. But wanting to be known,
even if in fun, as the namesake of a terrorist, sits very bad with me.
If you are just doing this to get a reaction out of people, well consider it
mission accomplished fella. You got one out of me, and it is not a pleasant
one. When you start tossing stuff like that around, you better expect some
flack from some people. Well here it is. John I think you are a good guy and
an also very good machinist. I just can't figure why you would joke about
this mohommad thing. I am not sore at you, I just can't figure why you
would be so casual about wanting to be known as the namesake of a god
that is worshiped by terrorists, and who also take that name for their children.
You can feel free to just think Doozer is crazy and goes overboard over things,
that's fine. I just hope you don't believe what happened to the US is not a
big deal. Because it is to me and lots of us who live here. John I do wish you
a good new year. I also wish you consider the impact of your words. Lots of
us here on HSM look up to you, me included. Not everyone has the same views
on every issue. But I would like to think we all agree that terrorism is a bad thing.
Stay safe this new year.
--Doozer

lakeside53
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Hmmm.... I absolutely didn't see Sir John post that way, and still don't.

Plenty of terrorists in almost every faith.

WhatTheFlux!
01-01-2014, 08:38 PM
He's not a God solely worshiped by terrorists. Please remember the facts, there are millions of Muslims out there who just don't give two sparks about the US or the political beef their country may or may not have. Just like not all Catholics are child-molesters. Don't paint with a broad brush -- if you do that there will never be any peace between us.

You're basically saying "you and your God are all a bunch of criminals" when the terrorists are far outweighed by "normal" folks just trying to live life.

Doozer
01-01-2014, 09:05 PM
All I am saying is that
there are plenty of other topics
to make fun with. Religion is not
always the best, as there are many
views that people have and perceive
in different ways.

-D

TGTool
01-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Well, I'm sure Jesus is just delighted with the Christmas spirit here.

Personally I'd like to see more of what he modeled in this day and age including this forum. There is some indication that Jesus even had a sense of humor in some of his quotes that were founded on puns so I think John is in good company. Deal with terrorism as terrorism, but don't let it trash your life for you.

J Tiers
01-01-2014, 11:13 PM
This is a really really bad topic.... BAD DOOZER....

But, just to set the record straight.... I have rarely seen so many misconceptions about Islam in so few words.....

Mohammed is NOT worshiped by muslims, he is revered as the *prophet*..... I would NOT recommend asserting that he is a deity, or is worshiped by muslims, if you are in any muslim country.

Your opinions are your opinions. I am no muslim, but I suggest taking the trouble to get your beliefs in line with the facts before spewing your stuff all over the internet.

let's CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

rdfeil
01-02-2014, 12:05 AM
This is a really really bad topic.... BAD DOOZER....

But, just to set the record straight.... I have rarely seen so many misconceptions about Islam in so few words.....

Mohammed is NOT worshiped by muslims, he is revered as the *prophet*..... I would NOT recommend asserting that he is a deity, or is worshiped by muslims, if you are in any muslim country.

Your opinions are your opinions. I am no muslim, but I suggest taking the trouble to get your beliefs in line with the facts before spewing your stuff all over the internet.

let's CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

+100

John Stevenson
01-02-2014, 04:52 AM
John-
You jokingly take on the name of a terrorist and think all is fun and well.

--Doozer

I personally know 5 people called Mohammad, NONE are terrorists.
It was a bit of light hearted fun leading to to the holidays, I saw it that way and so I think did everyone else seeing that I'm not given to posting religious rants.

If you saw it differently then this is your problem, not mine.

Zadig
01-02-2014, 05:09 AM
Thank Christ that's over.
It's been a very trying time, sand in my boots, sand in my hair or what's left of it , sand behind my............ - no we won't go there.

Then to add insult to injury some Ijit over on the Model Engineering forum in a posten titled "What have you been doing " proceeded to harp on about having this bacon sarnie and then another Ijit even put a picture on of 4 rashers frying in a pan.

God or rather Mohammed as it was at the time, my faith was sorely tempted.

Plus I missed out posted the modern version of the Christmas story, been on here before but always better after a few relevant name changes.

Splitter!

Black Forest
01-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Next time John say you converted to be a Jehovah witness. They don't celebrate Christmas either.

Doozer I think you are way over thinking this. Every time someone writes about the safety Nazi's on here we don't all jump on him/her. Get a life is what I would say.

MrSleepy
01-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Next time John say you converted to be a Jehovah witness. They don't celebrate Christmas either.

He'll probably mix them up with Millwrights and end up back where he started. :)

Rob

CarlByrns
01-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Next year go with Cthulhu.

Doozer
01-02-2014, 08:23 AM
I appologize for causing such a fuss.
I have strong feelings about this because I used to work
with 3 of the Lackawana 6 at a servo valve company.
After 911 the FBI came in and stormed the Buffalo neighborhood
that they lived in and took them away. The one guy had a
commercial pilot's lisence and they all took time off work
to go back to Yemen for training camp. These guys were totally nuts.
They had names for me in Arabic, like azz head, skinny camel, infidel,
all crazy not so polite stuff. They even would chant that Ah la la la la
walking around yelling it. They are probably in Gitmo now.
So I am sorry for causing a fuss. This topic just hits too close to home
for me. I stand on my views as being my views. You may think they
are backwards, that is fine with me. But I am sorry if I caused a fuss here.

-Doozer

Seastar
01-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Hey Doozer -----
While I think you have some of your facts wrong and believe you went overboard in your rant I have "sorta" the same view of Sir Johns post.
I am sure he intended no harm or insult but it rubbed me the wrong way too.
I think it was just a "bad" joke.
Generally, I try to avoid posting anything about religion or politics on a forum like this and don't like to see others do so.
I'm not mad at anyone. Now can we turn the machines back on?
Bill

loose nut
01-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Doozer, what do you call the guys from your country that dress up in white robes and pointy hoods that used to (maybe still do) hang black people just because of their colour or burn down churches and schools that black people used. What about the religious nuts aka Christians that murder doctors and nurses and burn down health clinics that do abortions, just because it doesn't agree with what they think. I call them terrorists. You don't have to go to far off lands to find terrorists and to about 1/3 of the worlds population the Americans are terrorists. It's all a matter of perspective.

Weston Bye
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM
One thing leads to another and now here we are equating Islamic terrorists with Klan and radical Christians - not unfair, but ugly.

Anyone heard the expression "damned by faint praise"? I submit the opposite "condoned by faint condemnation".

I can't speak for the decent Muslims, whose voices have not been heard much condemning the activities of jihadists, but similarly, the majority voices of Christians who condemn the Klan and the Christian zealots bombing abortion clinics are seldom heard in the mainstream media.

I find this curious and can't help feeling like we are all being played.

It's time to back off and make chips.