PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Web page cache

Mike Amick
12-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Lots of time on my hands .. so working on a web site for my millrite project. Posted
it early while still in development. My problem is when I do some work and change
or add to a page .. and FTP it up to the site ... I can NOT get the browser to reflect
the change. I can remember when all you had to do was 'update' the page within
the browser and it would reflect any changes made. But I even brought up an FTP
client and went to the site and deleted the page and my browser(s) still showed
the page that had been deleted.

Using Win 7, and Antenna to make web site. Chrome, I.E. and Opera do it.
I know I could just delete the cache within the browsers but .. I should not have
to do that.

http://www.mikeamick.com/millrite_project/

Mike A

PStechPaul
12-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I also have Win7 and IE10, and I have not had problems with refreshing the web page after editing. I assume you are using the refresh icon (or F5 function key) to refresh the page.

It seems that your "mailto" active area overlaps the bottom of the knee and dolly images.

DATo
12-20-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure if I'm following you but from my own experience I know that when I would update a page I would have to clear my OWN COMPUTER'S browser cashe because even if the changes had been uploaded correctly and were being displayed as I now wanted them to be my own computer would read from its internal cashed memory the page as it had been presented before the changes were made.

You sound experienced enough to already know this so if you've already cleared your computer's cashe perhaps there is just some delay in the time required to process the changes to the downstream server.

Mike Amick
12-21-2013, 02:56 AM
yea .. thanks guys. Fixed that email link overhang, and it reflected right away .. damn gremlins

Thanks again
Mike A