PDA

View Full Version : Power feed parts?

im#2
12-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Im sorry for having to bring up an old subject again but I acquired a Grizzly 3616 mill in very nice shape from a former employee of a subsidery of a VERY large company that shall remain unnamed, at a very good price. Well I almost the same as stole it but enough money exchanged hands to make it legal lol. ok, some plastic parts were broken and in a machine only 5 yrs its a shame they don't give a damn enough that they would have parts. so, does anyone have a line who might have parts for the power feed stops and the main cap for the motor? any replys appreciated The old post web site from 3 yrs or so ago doesn't have anything so----

Richard King
12-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I am assuming you mean Grizzly. If you got it cheap why not buy a new motor and usually table stops are a T-nut, bolt and a tube about an inch long. May have to do some guess work to make stops. Look at other brands like Jet, Acra, Rung Fu and see what they use. Good Luck.

im#2
12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Sir, I wrote a hot reply to your suggestion and guess what, the internet hiccupped and lost it so a more civil one -- We are a mostly retired group here, with many of us on a limited budget so yes I will make the pieces but a machine only 5 yrs old shouldn't be an orphan parts wise should it?

Mike Amick
12-23-2013, 11:39 PM
wow

dp
12-24-2013, 12:29 AM
You may find what you need at the Little Machine Shop at http://littlemachineshop.com/

Richard King
12-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Nothing to get hot over...I was trying to help. If you thought i was saying something out of line..you are mistaken. Chill
and peace on earth!! Merry Christmas

lakeside53
12-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Sadly, many such machines are a real pain to get parts for. As Richard said, looking at the similar machines from other suppliers may provide what you need - most are the same in China before the different paint color is applied.

The Cap for the motor - do you mean the "capacitor" or some other part? If the later, for most Chinese machines the motor is an entire assembly with few if any parts available.

The Artful Bodger
12-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Hi, if you mean a capacitor for the motor they are pretty much generic parts and any electric motor shop will be able to supply a capacitor of a suitable value for that horsepower motor.

im#2
12-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Hokay: We were successful in the search for those who might need this, an outfit called bestline products has the parts. will leave it at that so its not advertising or anything like that for them so you can find it by yourself. And thank you to those who had helpful answers.