X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PT Doc
    • Dec 2011

Storing cutting fluids

I'd like to have smaller bottles of cutting fluid instead of using the ones they came in. Smaller squeeze bottle could be good I think. My wife bought these

at harbor freight. They are either polyeturethane or polypropylene according to the online description. Would they be ok for a dark cutting oil with sulfur.? How about some of the tap magic kind of fluids?

Thanks
    Last edited by PT Doc; 02-01-2014, 10:00 PM. Reason: Changed to polyeurethane
  • outback
    • Jan 2004

Your bottles did not show on my computer. This is how I store cutting fluids. These are sold at MSC and they are called applicators and come in different sizes.

Then I got the idea of this storage rack for the bottles. It swings out of the way.

Never had any fluid effect the plastic container, not even lacor thinner

Jim
    Last edited by outback; 02-01-2014, 09:36 PM.
    So much to learn, so little time

Comment

• PT Doc
      • Dec 2011

I don't know much about plastic but they have this labelled as polyethylene, polyurethane and polypropylene.

Seems like I should be good.

Comment

• iMisspell
        • Feb 2013

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Seams to be the link PT Doc posted.

_
        ~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~
        http://site.thisisjusthowidoit.com
        https://www.youtube.com/user/thisisjusthowidoit

Comment

• outback
          • Jan 2004

I bought a HF package of 3 (polyurethane) while on vacation in Florida. I think they will be fine but know for sure when I get them home and fill them. Can't loose for the price. The Dispensing Bottle #65361644 that MSC sells is made of Polyethylene. I know from experience Polyethylene resists all cutting fluids that I use.

Polystyrene and some PVC is the stuff to avoid for certain fluids. Test first. Be careful with Lacuor thinner, tapping fluid for steel and aluminum

Jim
          Last edited by outback; 02-02-2014, 09:26 AM.
          So much to learn, so little time

Comment

Working...
          X