PDA

View Full Version : Are all Crawford Collets marked with their logo?

_Paul_
02-20-2014, 05:39 AM
Just bought some new (old stock) R8 collets from fleabay these are in Crawford's boxes and are brand new but none are embossed with the distinctive Crawford logo like the others I have.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/Donkey0atey/crawfordlogo_zps30b914cc.jpg

Should all Crawford collets carry their logo or did they "outsource" components from the far east too? just putting them in Crawford boxes in the UK.

Or is the ebay seller trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks

Paul

Hopefuldave
02-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Not sure about this, but every Crawford collet I've seen has had the double-C logo on it, even specials made as manufacturer's parts, e.g. the spindle collets for my Holbrook (1955) have Holbrook's Hxxx part number plus the Crawford logo and collet number.... Ask Crawford, if they haven't disappeared up the 500 group's fundament?

rklopp
02-20-2014, 11:15 AM
I believe years ago MSC's "Quality Import" 5C collets were made by Crawford based on the "made in UK" marking and some other intelligence which I now forget, but were unmarked. I wish I could still get them, because they were very very nice, about as good as Hardinge. In particular, they were properly sprung open so as not to drag on the stock.